HAYABUSA SWINGARM EXTENSIONS

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
If you have any words, good or bad! They are appreciated. I'm thinkin just an inch or so? Any problems with the boltons? Have they damaged any swing arms.
rock.gif

beerchug.gif

Loads of data and info on this topic here on the board. Just do a quick search on extensions.

FWIW minimum extension is about 3.5 - 4 inches for bolt on extensions.

(thebbbusa @ Apr. 24 2007,10:40) Loads of data and info on this topic here on the board.  Just do a quick search on extensions.

FWIW minimum extension is about 3.5 - 4 inches for bolt on extensions.
Thanks
bowdown.gif
Yep this site is the best place for info past or hot off the press. I did, and have been reading all i can find which is quite a bit. I just can't bring myself to trust that bolting on these things @ such a stress point doesn't have problems! Cracks etc
crazy.gif
Anyone suggest one over the other.
beerchug.gif

There are 3 main good ones.

Exotic Cycle (out of Florida) or Roaring Toyz (same)
Spencer Cycle
a board member also sells some he makes.

Those are all good ones.  Stay away from Yana Shiki brand extensions, as they've been known to break.

I've had good luck so far with my Exotic Cycle extensions.  I'm at about 6" over.

twobros.JPG

I use the ExoticCycle brand also. Those things mount more solidly than people might think. I actually had to use my rubber mallet to seat the extension into the axle mount area which gave me that much more confidence in them. I put Lock-tite on the mounting bolts and it was done. I love my extensions, but will opt for a pre-fabbed swing arm in the near future. I want to go with something that has an underbrace and since I'm considering the 240mm setup, I will be getting rid of the swingarm and extensions by years-end. You won't be disappointed...

Anyone on the Org that sells here is trusted IMO But what makes one better than the other if its made from T6 and fits? Say one of these.
bowdown.gif
lurk.gif

17e1_1.JPG

I will say that Gixx1300R's extensions are the way to go.

His are crafted well and bolt all the way through, most extensions (cheaper ones) bolt only on the inside.

I am not knocking either one because both work, but Gixx is the way to go.
super.gif

i am planning on getting some 3-9 inch ext. anybody with some exp. like cornering or with a passenger???

I ahve been using the Exotic Cycle 4" extensions on a Turbo Hayabusa since 2005 in a drag racing application. Never had a problem. Johnny Dobrin told me the ones I own were probably within the first 20 or so he had made when he first started selling them.

I just got my Busa but on both my Gixxer 750 and 1000, I used "All things chromed" 6"-9" ext. and had them pushed out to about 8.5". Very tight fit very strong and I never saw much of a difference in cornering 1 up or 2.

I have bolt ons and I do drag race with them . I am @8" over and no problems. I do check them for proper torque and when I assembled the I used the RED locktite and torqued to 30 ftlbs.

I like the swing arm extensions; i'm trying to locate maker and price.

Howard
615-579-4863
2011 gen ii

Residentevilgixx1300r
i like your swing arm extensions; i'm trying to locate maker and price. Are they gixx1300r creation?

Howard
615-579-4863
2011 gen ii

Back