Swingarm extensions - good or bad?

gigdeth

Registered
Ive seen a bunch of those cheap swingarm extensions on ebay for sale and was wondering if anyone on here has them, or if theyre just lousy and no one would ever use them? Im looking for a way to get the extended swingarm, and was wondering if this was an alternative? Any info on these things would be great. Thanks a lot.

The extensions work unless you start putting too much horsepower to them. Make sure you get good ones. There is some junk on the market. (Yanishiki comes to mind)

Professor,whats to much horsepower?
SHOCKED.gif

(NoFearSpear @ Jul. 08 2007,11:49) Professor,whats to much horsepower?    
SHOCKED.gif
I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with more experience using them will chime in

I've seen guys running them on stock bikes to bikes running mid 9s without a problem. I’m not a fan of them, but I know they work. I don’t think they should run them on a turbo bike or something in excess of 200hp. I've seen problems with a few improperly built custom swingarms as well. Where do you draw the line? I don't know. Look at the way a stock swing arm is braced. You loose some of the triangulation when you put a set of extensions on it. Suzuki didn’t just brace that arm for looks, it needed it to keep everything straight under power.

Regardless, if you are going to run extensions, don’t let price be the determining factor of which ones you select. Buy something that has been proven reliable from a reputable manufacturer/vendor. Finding a cheap Chinese knock-off on ebay just does not make good sense to me.

under 280hp you are ok as long as they are made by a solid company, not yanki shinki crap!

RoaringToyz make some high quality extension. Let me know if you need a set.

My extensions have ben on Busas making more than 400hp with no problems. They were also tested on the Bonneville Salt Flats on 2 bikes. I use all Stainless Steel hardware.

This one of the bikes that used my extensions on the Salt flats. That is an 80lbs block filled with lead that is bolted to the bottom of the swingarm for traction. I would think that is a testiment on the strength on my extensions
Busa20on20Salt.jpg

I use my patented Stainless Steel Wellnuts. My extensions bolt all of the way through into the wellnuts so you arent mounting into aluminum. There are no dissimular metals to bolt into (when you have one hard metal and a softer one loosening can occur). My Wellnuts are very thick so you dont have to wory about then bending. Other extension only bolt from the inside and have a thin metal plate in this area.
Wellnuts2.jpg

Wellnuts1.jpg

I also tap the face for paddock stand spools

Swingarm33.jpg

also come in black
Busa203_0720003.jpg

(Gixx1300R @ Jul. 08 2007,12:47) This one of the bikes that used my extensions on the Salt flats. That is an 80lbs block filled with lead that is bolted to the bottom of the swingarm for traction. I would think that is a testiment on the strength on my extensions
Busa20on20Salt.jpg

I use my patented Stainless Steel Wellnuts. My extensions bolt all of the way through into the wellnuts so you arent mounting into aluminum. There are no dissimular metals to bolt into (when you have one hard metal and a softer one loosening can occur). My Wellnuts are very thick so you dont have to wory about then bending. Other extension only bolt from the inside and have a thin metal plate in this area.
Wellnuts2.jpg

Wellnuts1.jpg

I also tap the face for paddock stand spools

Swingarm33.jpg

also come in black
Busa203_0720003.jpg
We need to talk.........
wink.gif

i thinki just bought some ext from a guy who bought them for u. (cause they look EXACTLY the same, specially the SS wellnuts. they r great!

Back