Bolt-on swingarm extensions

LCW

Registered
Does anyone use bolt-on swingarm extensions on their 1/4 mile bikes? I'm nearing the end of the break-in on my new busa, so I'm planning my track modifications (can't wait!)
bomb.gif

I'm thinking I'll extend the swingarm 4-6", and am wondering if the bolt-on extensions are a good idea or not, from a strength standpoint. Any comments?

I sell them and use them on my bike. My bike makes over 300hp

<!--EDIT|Gixx1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068689888 -->

your swingarm extensions make over 300hp??? hook me up ;) :laugh:

the ones from exotic cycle wont let you put your wheel all the way forward cause the sprocket bolts hit the inside mounting plate for the extensions.. when we called the company they told us to 'grind the heads of the sprocket bolts' needless to say, i wouldnt recommend the ones from exotic cycle.

Gixx1300R, not much of a salesman, no link? :laugh:

portagee, thanks for the heads-up. :beerchug:

My dad and I are planning to fab some up in the mini-machine shop in my garage. I mainly wanted to get opinions on using them on quarter-milers, since the hard launches are a special case and all. Anyone else, please feel free to cover anything that hasn't been covered here... :type:

I just put 6" ext on my bike...I love them...I run the 1/8 reduced my 60' time by 2/10's and overall time by 3.5/10's...Yeah they work...The more time I have with them the more my time should drop... :devil:

They work great all the time and when you want to go back stock well you just take-em off. They cost half of what extending yours would and you can put them on yourself.

LCW if your bike is going to be a "track only" bike as you claim, I would get the "real" extension done, not disin anyone product, just my $.02.
If anything, buy a arm off ebay and turn it into your drag arm, and just keep your stocker at home.

LCW if your bike is going to be a "track only" bike as you claim, I would get the "real" extension done, not disin anyone product, just my $.02.
If anything, buy a arm off ebay and turn it into your drag arm, and just keep your stocker at home.
I agree, and someday I'll have a Trac arm. In the meantime, we can fab the bolt-on's and save some dough for other startup costs.

cool.gif

Back