Swingarm extensions

MO-BUSA

Poster formerly know as qrychefanus
Registered
Hey all, anyone using any kind of swingarm extension's? if so what size and make, and tell me your likes/dislikes plz.

Not familiar with them David,I can tell you a guy on psycobike with a stock R-1,(less HP than a busa) had a failure with the yani shiki brand,dude almost died!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1150310024 -->

I ordered them through Jester here on the Board...
I was told and have read that these were the original extensions and the strongest...
Maybe Jester can tell us more...

David

I was thinkn about doin a stretch this winter- wanted to go 6" over with a Trac Dynamics arm- whats the good word on Trac, NJ?
rock.gif

I'm running the ones from Exoticycle.  From what I've heard they were one of the originators of extensions.  The are great quality, aren't hollowed out, and cost a little more than most.  Here's mine at 6" over.

So far I really like the ride and look.  Haven't really had any problems with it, and my chicken strips less than an inch now.

Before:
post-6-73350-before.jpg

After:
post-6-73411-after.jpg

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: "Added rear shot pic"|1151005338 -->

IMG_2344.jpg

I'm running the ones from Exoticycle.  From what I've heard they were one of the originators of extensions.  The are great quality, aren't hollowed out, and cost a little more than most.  Here's mine at 6" over.

So far I really like the ride and look.  Haven't really had any problems with it, and my chicken strips less than an inch now.

Before:
post-6-73350-before.jpg

After:
post-6-73411-after.jpg
I was the originator of Bolt on Swingarm extensions. I have been making them since 1993. No one,and I repeat. No one makes a stronger bolt on swingarm extensions than I do.

redbusa4.jpg

Busa20on20Salt.jpg

E4.jpg

E3.jpg

Way back when. The swingarm used Boxed steel. I made Bolt on swingarm extensions since it was very very expensive to have them extended and welded. Here is a sample.
B4.jpg

B3.jpg

B2.jpg

B1.jpg

Way back when. The swingarm used Boxed steel. I made Bolt on swingarm extensions since it was very very expensive to have them extended and welded. Here is a sample.
Yours appear to be very similar in shape to the ones I have. One thing I really like about the brand I have is the adjuster plate is designed so you don't need that really long adjustment bolt. You can just flip the plate around for shorter extensions. (than what I did). Mine also bolt from the inside through one plate instead of two. Another really nice feature of the Exoticycle.com extensions is that you don't need an extended rear brake bar, in fact you don't even need a brake bar!!

What ever a customer decides, they need to be sure they are getting a quality product.

hey thanks for 411, i will be difinitly checking out your stuff, looks good.

Exoticycle makes a very nice Extension but here how mine differs. I can make adjuster plates for my extensions are you can use the stock one. Also my adjuster bolt is made of Stainless steel and it is over sized (see pics). the bottom bolt is the stock adjuster bolt.
BigBoltvsSmallbolt.jpg

Most Extensions bolt directly into the aluminum and are held in with a Thin steel plate. If you torque it down too much you can strip the threads. Mine are held in with Stainless steel well nuts that I designed (and I do have a Patent). They spin and lock against each other. They can be torqued down to well over 100lbs. If you just happen to strip one of them just get another Stainless Steel Wellnut.

Wellnuts2.jpg

Wellnuts1.jpg

Exoticycle makes a very nice Extension but here how mine differs. I can make adjuster plates for my extensions are you can use the stock one. Also my adjuster bolt is made of Stainless steel and it is over sized (see pics). the bottom bolt is the stock adjuster bolt.

pic removed

Most Extensions bolt directly into the aluminum and are held in with a Thin steel plate. If you torque it down too much you can strip the threads. Mine are held in with Stainless steel well nuts that I designed (and I do have a Patent). They spin and lock against each other. They can be torqued down to well over 100lbs. If you just happen to strip one of them just get another Stainless Steel Wellnut.

pics removed
Your product definetly looks nice. I agree there are some out there bolting into the thin alumium backing plate which is not good. There aer some that also aren't solid aluminum too!

The Exotic pieces are reversed as you can see (no bolts from outside) from my last pic, and the bolts do thread into the aluminum, however, since the bolts are from the inside, they are going into the thickest part of the extension through a very thick backing plate.

Exotic, as you probably too, has never had a failure and has been run on some serious horse power bikes.

This is good info. I don't know which I would have picked either Exotic's or yours, but you weren't around, or at least I couldn't find how to contact you or your business when I was looking for my extensions.

what's the easiest way to stiffen up the suspension to keep from bottoming out on a stretched and lowered?

<!--EDIT|wessabi
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156177871 -->

Back