Hayabusa Questions from a N00b

GiZiM

Registered
Im maninly from www.clubrsx.com (Yes i know i drive a Mazda thank you for pointing that out... also i might have misspelled "pointing" or even "missspelled" for that matter) I am looking to get a bike sometime soon. I have always loved the raw power of the busa its a mean bike i would love to have one. Question is i have seen them for about 11 grand what is the normal price after tax and everything you got it for?
Also what is the stock specs? HP? TQ? 1/4? Top Speed? ect..
BTW im 21 and wanna die early
Feel free to flame the n00b

HP 151rwhp T= 139 1/4 with an average rider 10.3 9.8 with a real good rider

MSRP*: $10,849
Engine: 1299cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC
Bore & Stroke: 81.0 x 63.0mm
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Carburetor: Keihin/Denso Fuel Injection
Lubrication: Wet sump
Ignition: Digital/Transistorized
Starter: Electric
Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2140mm (84.3 in.)
Overall Width: 740mm (29.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1155mm (45.5 in.)
Seat Height: 805mm (31.7 in.)
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1485mm (58.5 in.)
Dry Weight: 217kg (478 lbs.) 218kg (480 lbs.) CA. model
Suspension:
Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, 14-way adjustable rebound damping and 13-way adjustable compression damping
Rear: Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, 22-way adjustable compression & rebound damping
Brakes:
Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires:
Front: 120/70-ZR-17
Rear: 190/50-ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 21 liter (5.5 gal.) 19.0 liter (5.0 gal.) CA. model

You have been hanging around the ricer forums to long! Do you get flamed much? j/k

Anyway...welcome!

I will start out with the usual "new biker" questions. Have you ridden a motorcycle before and if so what kind?

As for the performance, like a car it all depends on the driver/rider. But it is capable of high 9's in the 1/4 mile stock and a top speed of around 186(restricted 01-03 models)-to-195(unrestricted models)! HP is about 170 flywheel to between 150-160 rear wheel!

As for price it depends on your area. I bought my 03 Special Editionfor $9,100 out the door(No tax in Oregon)! Anything around $10k out the door isn't bad.

Later,

Josh

You have been hanging around the ricer forums to long!  Do you get flamed much? j/k

Anyway...welcome!

I will start out with the usual "new biker" questions.  Have you ridden a motorcycle before and if so what kind?

As for the performance, like a car it all depends on the driver/rider.  But it is capable of high 9's in the 1/4 mile stock and a top speed of around 186(restricted 01-03 models)-to-195(unrestricted models)!  HP is about 170 flywheel to between 150-160 rear wheel!

As for price it depends on your area.  I bought my 03 Special Editionfor $9,100 out the door(No tax in Oregon)!  Anything around $10k out the door isn't bad.  

Later,

Josh  
heh not all of us are right just like anything if its wrong its RICE done right its NICE.

uhh heh no never before in my life nothing that was not powered by my own 2 feet :)

I know im thinking far ahead but the restricted models can they become UNrestricted?

I live in Nashville, TN so prob. over $11

well then.....you've come to the right place .

you wanna die young....the Busa goes from Zero to Death in 3.5 seconds .

Could the spare parts be left to me... in yer will?

I really need some spare parts .

How soon can you buy one?

Do you need a co-sign at the bank?

The blood bank I mean....hee hee hee.

Where's yer plot.....no , not that, not a movie scenerio...
where's yer plot ? Have you pre-paid? Some mortuaries/cemetaries do that you know . You can pick out something nice , while yer still in one piece and not in the need of a kidney machine or an' artificial heart .

Anyway...could you buy really good leather, I need some new boots .

Tell yer mom an' dad that Rubber can have my spare parts and my boots....

have a good 1....RSD.

JUZ KIDDIN.........

skull.gif

well then.....you've come to the right place .

you wanna die young....the Busa goes from Zero to Death in 3.5 seconds .

Could the spare parts be left to me... in yer will?

I really need some spare parts .

How soon can you buy one?

Do you need a co-sign at the bank?

The blood bank I mean....hee hee hee.

Where's yer plot.....no , not that, not a movie scenerio...
 where's yer plot ?   Have you pre-paid?  Some mortuaries/cemetaries do that you know . You can pick out something nice , while yer still in one piece and not in the need of a kidney machine or an' artificial heart .

Anyway...could you buy really good leather, I need some new boots .

Tell yer mom an' dad that Rubber can have my spare parts and my boots....

have a good 1....RSD.

JUZ KIDDIN.........
Damn that was all morbid heh
Yah you can wear my ass as a hat its all good. heh
What other bikes are out there faster than the busa? Street legal i mean

faster then the Busa. You ahve to be kidding.... i just bumped into a want to be rider today. He went to buy a Busa with no Bike licence yet. The good news is they would not sell it to him.:p

It's times like these that you wish you were at the other site :D

I'll be gentle
and by the way..........Ninja Eater........your a patient and generous man ;)

They call it the internet........World Wide Web in some places. They got this thing called a search engine.....

There are lots of places to find the basics..........
Hmmmm try 1300r specs or hayabusa specs or maybe big bore hayabusa........turbo hayabusa .....Supercharger you'll gather info a lot faster than members can dig it up and then post/type it

Hang for a while and you'll get the details fact and fable

Then you'll be able to sort out the Bull from the truth

And finally, you'll be back to buying a Hayabusa

Stayin alive is your responsibility

So.........welcome?

It's times like these that you wish you were at the other site  :D

I'll be gentle
and by the way..........Ninja Eater........your a patient and generous man ;)

They call it the internet........World Wide Web in some places. They got this thing called a search engine.....

There are lots of places to find the basics..........
Hmmmm  try 1300r specs or hayabusa specs  or maybe big bore hayabusa........turbo hayabusa .....Supercharger  you'll gather info a lot faster than members can dig it up and then post/type it

Hang for a while and you'll get the details fact and fable

Then you'll be able to sort out the Bull from the truth

And finally, you'll be back to buying a Hayabusa

Stayin alive is your responsibility

So.........welcome?
Well i was checking out the posts and the videos and all a few weeks before posting guess i really just wanted to say "Hi".
Im not going out there to do 200 every where i go just to Taco Bell or something :D

Welcome to the board :newbie:
You have arrived at the home of the fastest production motorcyle on Earth.......there are none faster.
If it's death you seek......seek no further. :devil:

uhh heh no never before in my life nothing that was not powered by my own 2 feet  :)[/QUOTE]
Since you have never owned/ridden a bike before, I would call and see how much your insurance is!

21 and no ridding experience, it will probably cost you half the price of the bike for 1 year! Got to PAY to PLAY! $$$$$$$ :newbie: $$$$$$$

You better find yourself a good teacher because you're going to need it!

Josh

the other thing you MIGHT want to consider is a new busa dot org name....

gizem, jizem,jizm,jizzem....

isn't that something thats used to make babies.....and a prom queens face sticky...

Can we just call ya CUM....you know, for short.

Welcome to the board  :newbie:
You have arrived at the home of the fastest production motorcyle on Earth.......there are none faster.
If it's death you seek......seek no further.  :devil:
Thanks i was waiting for someone to say it
Anybody got some Vid's of just general riding maybe some "Sprited" riding?
Be careful orgasm.....I'm not kidden around.......one of these bikes in the hands of a "fearless" newbie can spell certain disaster........possibly "DEATH"........all depends on how much you respect the power. :super:

:eek:  Ninja, et al: you're all very patient (one of the reasons this board is so popular).

Gi2iM: no flaming intended with this, but simple common sense.  Here's a list of things to do that will get you on the road:

Before doing anything: search the Internet and this forum for your newbie questions (I lurked for months before signing up). Then...

1) Call the insurance company and get a quote for a 'Busa (if you can get insured at all) GOTO 2
2) Add that to your monthly payment(s) for rent/food/phone/cable/car/etc  GOTO 3
3) Realize that, even if you can afford it, it's not a fiscally wise move considering your age GOTO 4
4) GOTO 1 and get a quote on a SV650

You never step to the World Champion your first time in the ring.  The 'Bus as first bike rarely, RARELY has a happy ending, and usually only with the more "mature" crowd (I'm talking age, not flaming you).

You think it's a joke that board members are trying to scare you away from the bike - it's no joke.  This bike will kill you or worse, leave you in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.

Things to consider.

Everybody has to start some place what do u think is a good starter bike? i wanna spend no more than 5 grand on a starter

Everybody has to start some place what do u think is a good starter bike? i wanna spend no more than 5 grand on a starter
Should be plenty of great used 600 class bikes out there that'd fit yer starter bike budget. I've seen some really clean used 900 class bikes around here for around 6k. Get a cycletrader or check cycletrader.com for listings of bikes fer sale. :cool:

Back