Hayabusa.org may have saved me

BrianKesler

Registered
I got home tonight, checked my email and what do i find, a fake email supposedly from Paypal saying they need me to update all of my payment info! I saw some people talking about this a couple of weeks ago, and now here i am getting the same email. For all you people who use Paypal, BEWARE, dont let these scammers get you! Thanks again to the org and all the people on here!
super.gif

Good catch!! As a reminder, PayPal will never ask for the following personal information in emails:

* Credit and debit card numbers
* Bank account numbers
* Driver's license numbers
* Email addresses
* Passwords
* Your full name

They will never ask you to download an attachment or software.

If you have any doubt whether an email is really from PayPal, here's how to report it:

1. Forward the message to spoof@paypal.com.
2. Don't alter the subject line or forward the message as an attachment—doing so prevents us from investigating it further.
3. Once you have forwarded the email, you can then delete it from your email account.

All of the above is also true for eBay, but remember to send spoof emails to spoof@ebay.com

Spoof emails and websites aren't limited to just PayPal & eBay, watch out for the ones from banks and department stores.

-Ed

I just clicked on the link and before it goes to a "fake" Paypal page, the top of the window says aol hometown janice and then some numbers, then it says "welcome to Paypal." I guess someone named Janice is scamming people?

I just clicked on the link and before it goes to a "fake" Paypal page, the top of the window says aol hometown janice and then some numbers, then it says "welcome to Paypal."  I guess someone named Janice is scamming people?
Forward the Email on the the paypal security dept. They have the address on the site under security. Then send me $50
biggrin.gif
for the undertail fund.

Back