Hayabusa Homecoming - Pomona

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

So, how many are going? Who’s staying for Sunday eliminations? Motel Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Those coming from far away could ride in Friday, spend the night and get an early start for the drag strip Saturday morning. Does the venue have a locker/storage area for helmets etc?

So, how many are going? Who’s staying for Sunday eliminations? Motel Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Those coming from far away could ride in Friday, spend the night and get an early start for the drag strip Saturday morning. Does the venue have a locker/storage area for helmets etc?
I think a total of 6, but some aren't riding. Maybe 3 or 4 meeting in Norco to ride up.
Join us

I think a total of 6, but some aren't riding. Maybe 3 or 4 meeting in Norco to ride up.
Join us

It’s about 300 miles of straight freeway plus the mountain road over the grapevine. Boring as hell except for the curves on the grapevine. If I went I’d have to ride down Friday, get a motel and I’d want to stay for the eliminations on Sunday. Then, I wouldn’t want to ride back the same day so that would be another motel. I can’t believe some of the locals aren’t riding in. I’d never drive to a motorcycle meet unless I had a broken leg. Is anyone staying for the drags on Sunday?

I wish I could stay for Sunday. I gotta duck out Saturday around 1 for work as it is.

No idea on helmet storage. I figure I'll just carry mine and tuck my gloves in my fanny pack

Join us
As far as I know we have a meet up at 8 am in Corona ... 1315 Magnolia ... I think its a Chevron gas station... Or, it could be another brand... regardless... I will be riding with Red at 7 am in Perris just off the 215... ( 4th Street Chevron station right off the freeway ) then up through Lake Mathews to 1315 Magnolia in Corona as just mentioned... then on to Pomona at 9 am for the gates to open.

Update.... I just looked at the location of gate 15. Coming off the 71 and through town just continue past the main South Gate and drive north parallel to the drag strip. Turn right at the light and gate 15 is on your right on the north side on the Fairplex... easy to find...

Got my riding clothes in the house to keep me warm... high 30s or low 40s in the morning.

Last edited:
I see where Herrera won the championship w/o even having to race today. He also set a track e.t. and speed record I think turning a 666 et @ 203 mph. His team is also wearing the anniversary Hayabusa colors.

Back