Hayabusa Headlight suck!!!

HA! I have to laugh. I was riding around last night thinking "Wow, these stock headlights are really great!"

Of course, that was in comparison to my Bandit, which is like riding with a Coleman lantern. No, really.

Hell my stock headlight only lasted maybe a month before I got a 6000K HID
back in 2005 right after I got the bike. HUUUUUUGE difference it makes.
Matter of fact.....I think that's why I joined here, and my first thread.

Ugly ass yellow gauges were next to get changed to blue screens.
I'll never use a stock headlight in a sport bike.
pillepalle.gif

Just got back, left bottom fairing cowl off so i could adjust headlight. still playing with it, dims were way too low, I should have put an hid in years ago, best mod so far...

Just got back, left bottom fairing cowl off so i could adjust headlight. still playing with it, dims were way too low, I should have put an hid in years ago, best mod so far...
You will find that people turning in front of you should drop a bit too... I bet I do not get a tenth of the bozo's pulling in front of me anymore.. (5K HID lowbeam) I put a 6K in and pulled it out (do not like the loss of light but the blue is sort of nice)

You will find that people turning in front of you should drop a bit too...  I bet I do not get a tenth of the bozo's pulling in front of me anymore.. (5K HID lowbeam)  I put a 6K in and pulled it out (do not like the loss of light but the blue is sort of nice)
Noticed a big drop in peeps pulling out in front of me. I've got the 6k and love them. Thought about changing it up a bit but prolly wont. Not broke so why fix it...

My ride seemed alot better last night, saw someone thinking about pulling out and got ready to brake, they stopped and probably were blinded for a few seconds
beerchug.gif
. More people flashed me without the HID
rock.gif
kind of weird. Went down by the beach and a few guys with bikes wanted to ask about HID, conversation starter for sure. I have a yellow bulb for bright that I got with HID, wonder how it works, might try it to see.

I had a 5K HID in my high beam at bash... not sure I even got to meet you Fate.... dang

I have to agree the headlight on my bike is aimed too low for one thing Ive got to raise it a bit. what is involved in changing to an HID is it just a bulb change? I have an 07 model you know the faster Black one. If I have to take things apart to readjust the light i might as well change the bulb at the same time.

I have to agree the headlight on my bike is aimed too low for one thing Ive got to raise it a bit. what is involved in changing to an HID is it just a bulb change? I have an 07 model you know the faster Black one. If I have to take things apart to readjust the light i might as well change the bulb at the same time.
Not just a bulb. You have to install new bulb, then also hook up Ballast and mount it. Have to hook into original wire but not connector. It only took me about half an hour.

Fate,

Let me know if you're ever up in the Tampa area. FL cagers are bad enough in the day, especially the Ft. Meyers'/Naples' blue hairs where you're at, more less at night.

I have 8000k low beam (Love the blue) and 6000k for the high beam. the high beam is really high and to the right tho. perhaps it got knocked around when installing some how. Can't go wrong with HID's

Fate,

Let me know if you're ever up in the Tampa area.  FL cagers are bad enough in the day, especially the Ft. Meyers'/Naples' blue hairs where you're at, more less at night.
Me and few members here were planning a ride to Siesta Key, that is in you neighborhood, sorta?

Back