Having Problems Seeing in the dark

Slyman

Registered
Any of you having a problem seeing at night on the busa? Seems like I can see like 10ft in front of me without the lights on bright. Thanks for any help you can offer
smile.gif

Peace

no mine seams low too is there an adjustment for the headlight i didnt really give it much thought cuz when im on the gas the light shines fine but sometimes under hard breaking i cant see crap

I've noticed the same thing. I plan on just adjusting the headlight, but haven't gotten around to it.

Read your owners manual. It tells you how to adjust the headlight I believe.

on my '04 i'm using an h7 55 watt metal white xenon bulb for the low beam ($25.00/pr from lightlens.com) but even then there is a line where the light ends and dark and death begins.

i have found the high beam to be awesome, but can't use it enough with all the traffic.

maybe it's for the best with me, but it sure has slowed me down on the night rides.

i will be looking into some super high intensity mini lights to mount under the chin or toward the bottom of the fork legs this winter so that i'll be ready for next spring.

My first post.  
super.gif

Just purchased as 2004 Silver/Blue Busa a few weeks ago and I have the same issue/complaint with the low-beam at night. Coming from my 2000 R1, the low-beam visibility is extremely limited on the Busa. Much like others have said above, it's like 10 foot out and there is a line between light and dark. Was hoping someone had a solution for this, as it drives me crazy. If it wasn't for all these damn hurricanes we are getting here in Florida, I would be trying to fix it! =)

I noticed the same limited visibility when riding a couple of nights ago. However, I was amazed at how good the visibility is with the high beam on. I found myself willing to anoy a couple of drivers for the added security.

Erik

You just need to adjust the headlights (both of them) I moved my low beam up a little and then moved my high beam to start about 3/4 the way up the low beam, seems to work well. Best way to adjust the high beam is through the bottom, you will need to remove the plastic piece under the upper fairing. I also went for a brighter light for the low beams. I can still ride with Highs on and noone flashes me.

I replaced both headlamp bulbs with ones from PIAA(?). Low beams were only sold in a two-pack for $65 while the high beam was available individually for about $25. They made a really nice difference.

By the way, my dealer advised me that it's a lot easier to reach the beam adjusters from the top by removing the right inner fairing panel. That's how his techs do it.

Ed

I had the top inner fairing panel removed and for the low beam, it is easier to go through the top, but for the high beam, which is on bottom, it is easier to go from the bottom. there is more room to work that way. Plus if you do it from the top, you are limited on space and it is hard to see what you are doing.

This seems to be normal. I have a 04 silver/blue busa.

Adjust the headlight a tad bit higher.
Seems like the high beem is adjusted fine.

Same problem with my '03 until I've replaced both low and high beam bulbs + adjusted the low beam about 3/4 to 1 turns. Now I see great! For some reason, my high beam was always a bit low. Now my Low Beam is actually higher!

Sylvania White Star for the low beam, and Hipers for the high (gives it a slight blueish tint).

I'm not worried about other cars flashing me. If they do it only affirms that they notice me. Not worried about the cops either, most understand it's more of a safety thing for bikes than it is for cars and havn't sweated me... yet.

noticed my low beam needed adjustment also, but the high beam was good to go. Adjusted low beam up about a full turn and it is great.

They adjust all the Busa's headlights low like that...its a legal thing. Of course we have to actaully RE-adjust them to make them usable again...
rock.gif
Anyways I adjusted both my beams 1 1/2 turns up. you can actually reach the adjusters without taking anything off the bike...it just takes a flashlight and a little patience
wow.gif
wink.gif
My high beam now starts just about the top of the low...a tiny bit into it. You have to turn one adjuster clockwise and the other counter-clockwise to raise them....don't remember which is which tho. I haven't tried them yet I'll let you guys know how it works... as long as I can see I'll be happy
biggrin.gif
My Ninja 1000R had wayy better visibility than the Busa....but I think its just an adjustment thing...

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096196651 -->

That's not the worst part... try a decreasing radius on ramp at night. It sucks hard, ya can not see a blinking thing. I've got a set of PIAA beams I'm gonna mount on my mirror extenders. I'll post pic's when I make the mirror extenders and again with the lights. Most of you will hate them. I am certain.

Back