Having problems shifting

bkbusa11

Registered
Heres the deal. I have an 01 busa that when i shift the gears sometimes it is very tuff to get the gear to shif, sometimes it is very eazy to shift. it seems to be random to the point that if i shift 1st throught 6th it will be hard to shift it in at least one of the gears. It is not the same gear that gets hard so i dont think it is and particular gear. I have had the clutch fluid bled out and it seemed to be fine for a week and then started agin. When they bled it out the dealer said they saw no leaks. I did just replace the levers with some aftermarket ones but being its a hydrolic clutch that shouldnt be the problem. Does anyone have any ideas what could be my issuse?

Have you checked the clutch pushrod to make sure it is clean and greased? Not bent and freely moves?

Yes and no it sounds strange the bleed makes the shift quality better then goes away. So, either the master needs a rebuild bleeding internally through a seal, or the 'gear shift cam stopper' is that roller that elongates and can keep the drum from shifting like it used to with a pinned roller that has no slop in it. So you have to check the stopper and cam for wear, or the master is messed up.

Say if you use the gearbox without the clutch, does it shift normal? You need to time your shifts or you are banging gears. Use that as a test to find out of the trans is OK or the master is in question after a bleed.

yeah try to shift without the clutch and see what happens for reference just let off the gas momentarily and see if it slides into gear ok or not...it should....if it does then yeah you probably have a problem with the clutch assembly linkadge or bearings or something along the line

Also, i have my shifter lever angled downward. Not level. It makes a difference on how much travel your ankle has to do.

Sounds like a hydraulic issue. Either air, master, the bleeding straightened out for a week is a big clue.

Back