Having issues going past 8k rpm in 1st threw 2nd

My riding buddy's Gen 3 was acting up and sputtering and misfiring and it turned out a rodent made a nest under the fuel tank and chomped vacuum hoses and wires.

Secondaries were my culprit.

I had similar running characteristics when I plugged in my freshly cleaned injectors that had sat in the box for four months. Very strange to say the least but when I rolled WOT, it wouldn't rev past 6000-7000 RPM so I just kept hitting it until finally it broke loose.

I also ran/run a liberal amount of berryman b-12 chemtool. 3508 miles later since the Sturgis run, everything is running as it should.

Now, that being said, I did have issues after a very early teardown of the fuel system. There was a lot of stuff clogging my injectors. That's why I had them cleaned. I also filtered out the gas tank, so there was a fair amount of certainty that the fuel system was pumping fresh, clean fuel.

Runs exceptionally well now.
Our fuel supply here in the US is very dirty. The amount of water and trash in our fuel amazes me. The stations rarely service their equipment. If it passes anual inspection then they are happy until it breaks. Water is the consumers issue. The ethanol attracts so much water its not funny. Oh BTW if theres a fuel truck there move on to another station if you can. They stir up all the crap on the bottom of the tank.

Secondaries were my culprit.

I had similar running characteristics when I plugged in my freshly cleaned injectors that had sat in the box for four months. Very strange to say the least but when I rolled WOT, it wouldn't rev past 6000-7000 RPM so I just kept hitting it until finally it broke loose.

I also ran/run a liberal amount of berryman b-12 chemtool. 3508 miles later since the Sturgis run, everything is running as it should.

Now, that being said, I did have issues after a very early teardown of the fuel system. There was a lot of stuff clogging my injectors. That's why I had them cleaned. I also filtered out the gas tank, so there was a fair amount of certainty that the fuel system was pumping fresh, clean fuel.

Runs exceptionally well now.
Mine is very strange as well, it's very inconsistent. I put went through 3 fresh tanks of fuel. Mine wouldn't let me get past 9000 rpm, like wouldn't in 1-4 gear. When it first started i thought bad gas and put some octane booster which should of cleared up any bad gas if there was any.

Curious to hear about it, where'd you bring since we're close? You trust? I need to do the front MC recall, but very timid about letting potential knuckleheads work on it. I need to bite the bullet for a 19RCS, but haven't done it.
I had it at cowboy powersports but moved it to Stubbs cycles in Houston. That's where I purchased the bike. I've heard good things about Stubbs from some of the Houston bike pages.

Curious to hear about it, where'd you bring since we're close? You trust? I need to do the front MC recall, but very timid about letting potential knuckleheads work on it. I need to bite the bullet for a 19RCS, but haven't done it.
That's why I haven't taken mine in for the MC recall. I don't trust anyone else but the mechanic that services mine at the bike shop I purchased it. Sadly, they aren't the Suzuki dealer where I need to take the bike.

I had it at cowboy powersports but moved it to Stubbs cycles in Houston. That's where I purchased the bike. I've heard good things about Stubbs from some of the Houston bike pages.

I bought my Gen2 from Stubbs, got a heck of a deal on it back then. Great transaction. I intended to go through them again, but refused to pay sticker (wishful thinking), lol.

Hahaha, they are good, but they just contacted me and said they can't replicate the problem. They say whatever happen is fixed lol.

One of these:

1) They reset the ECU and <even unknowingly> wiped out the rev limit the dealer had set.

2) They did nothing, the bike sat there, and they figure enough time went by to tell you what a great job they did troubleshooting but cannot find anything wrong, and you will see the same thing riding home.

I hope it's #1!!!!!

I hope it's #1!!!!!

I hope it's #1!!!!!

One of these:

1) They reset the ECU and <even unknowingly> wiped out the rev limit the dealer had set.

2) They did nothing, the bike sat there, and they figure enough time went by to tell you what a great job they did troubleshooting but cannot find anything wrong, and you will see the same thing riding home.

I hope it's #1!!!!!

I hope it's #1!!!!!

I hope it's #1!!!!!
The bike has 4000 miles on it and just started acting up.

Update: They drained the tank and cleaned the injectors and poured fresh gas and the problem still happen. so now they are going to check the electrical on the bike and run more test.

Update: They drained the tank and cleaned the injectors and poured fresh gas and the problem still happen. so now they are going to check the electrical on the bike and run more test.

Hopefully you’ll have a Tech that’s really interested in finding out what’s wrong.

Back