Rpm's break up

riironman

Donating Member
Registered
It started last october right before i put it away for the winter. My bike struggled to get past 120 mph....So i was thinking it was my clutch. This week I changed my clutch and threw in new plugs. this morning i took a ride and same thing happen. So i threw in the clutch lever a revved it ..the Rpm's started breaking up around 6500 all the way up to 9000 rpm. The only thing I threw on it for mods are 2 yoshi slip ons and the marble mod . I have 11,700 miles on the bike. Bad fuel pump? I am not sure on that because i can hit the limiter when I rev the motor in nuetral after the break up point. It's a 04 so i cant change the fuel filter.( in the pump) Should I try a fuel injector cleaner,dry gas or a gallon of race fuel to try to clean the fuel lines?

I would try some BG 44K. I use it every now and then to keep my fuel injectors from clogging.

Try some Chevron Teckron - Good Stuff
smile.gif

Try Seafoam...
I have seen it work in cases where Techron and a few other name brands did not help...

David

ok.. I tried the sea foam...rode for a few hours and same problem. i retightened the chain and took it for blast i cant get the rpm's past 7000 on a full throttle trying to get past 120mph. If it does go past 7000 rpm its skipping and choppy and jerky...and it doesnt matter what gear its in. Could it be the Fuel pump? I am about to bring it the stealership. Its a sad sad day that I am getting beat by a 2002 zx9 on the highway.:angry:

It does sounds like low fuel pressure. 11000 miles clogged fuel flter?! don`t think so.. Bad fuel pump? could be..
Check also your air filter and ram tubes, you never know what could it be inside.. Air starvation as bad as fuel starvation..

capacitor? What capactor has to do with your bike revving ok without load? (in neutral) and not under load?
Same with coils.... I have `em as well BTW
smile.gif

Gear position sensor could be if it stuck in 6 gear position.
Or if you have TRE. Nobody knows what it does anyway
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145630311 -->

smile.gif

I assume that your FI lights is not showing anything, right?
Well, then fuel pump is most likely your problem.

Ok thats my next shot. After that its a total motor rebuild with a turbo , nitrous ,super charger and a hamster on a wheel.

oh by the way. thank you for all the help. I was getting frustrated, and I didnt want to go to the stealership.
smile.gif

Ok i better stop browsing...now i am thinking the shift fork in the tranny. it does buck around those high rpms...but when i am in 4,5,6 gear and try to open throttle it just bogs and doesnt go past 120-130 mph. I am killing myself
tounge.gif

Back