Having an idle issue....

J.Busa

Registered
Hey all, this may be a dumb question but my '02 has been having an idle issue this past week. I get on my bike and take off and the next time I come to a stop light or come to a stop I grab the clutch lever and my RPM's will jump up and start climbing 1000 to 2000rpm. I let off the clutch and put it in neutral and it goes back to idling normal. Grab the clutch and hold it in and the RPM's star climbing again. I've flushed the clutch reservoir and slave cylinder on the clutch and it still does it. I just can't figure it out since it's hydraulic........:banghead:

No. But I do have a G Pack that was on it when I bought it. Haven't thought of that being a reason.

Throttle sync maybe ????? i dont know, just a guess, someone who knows will chime in soon :thumbsup:

I'm gonna pull things apart and look for a loose vacuum leak somewhere. Just don't why the clutch is affecting it.

Still not fixed. Synch'd throttle bodies and checked all vacuum lines. no leaks. This is pissin' me off now. Anyone know why the idle would be affected by pulling the clutch lever in? Is the clutch wore out?:banghead:

Still not fixed. Synch'd throttle bodies and checked all vacuum lines. no leaks. This is pissin' me off now. Anyone know why the idle would be affected by pulling the clutch lever in? Is the clutch wore out?:banghead:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. My guess would be that there's a minor thing goin on with a sensor or some issue with the engine that's making it idle higher. With the clutch engaged it might be putting enough drag on the engine to bring the idle back down, then when it's released (lever pulled in) there's no drag and the idle climbs back up. Don't know for sure, without lookin at it. Just a guess.

Synch'd throttle bodies again and let it get good n warm. used the plugged ports on the throttle bodies this time and left the hoses hooked up and just plugged the hose going to the vaccum sensor. The synch was off already..........weird. Reset the idle after the resynch and it seems to be fixed....

I just can't figure out what we did... Maybe the idle was too high and......... nevermind I don't know.:thumbsup:

Back