having a problem removing left fairing

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
hey all, im trying to get the left fairing off my bike so I can replace the front sprocket. I pulled out all the bolts\push pins that I could find but it still isnt coming off. I am afraid of pulling really hard and there isnt enough room to stick my hand in it to find any clips.

Can anyone help?

the left side is a pain to remove and install. ive had to do it twice already. the easyest way is to remove all the plastic from arround the radiator, take the phillips screw out of the top fairing to allow some more movement. i think it was 4 grommets holding it on, with the top one commong in from the top (the other 2-3 are on from the sides). start lightly tugging from the bottom, then when you work your way to the top start pulling up. one more thing, lay some cardboard or towels down if your doing this on asphalt, just in case it falls off once loose.

ok.. i got most of the fairing loose. the only think now is the side fairing still seems connected to the front cowl, and i cant seem to get it loose, but i think its ok. I am able to pull it back enough to get to the screws that I needed (front sprocket cover)

any more specifics on this? i took mine off about a week ago. did you get the bolt on the bottom of the bike?

The bolt just holds the bracket for one of the grommets, if its the one I'm thinking of, there should be one on each side. I've had to take my farings off a few times and its not fun, but once you get the hang of it, it should come pretty quick. There's a page in your owner's manual that should have a diagram with the locations of all the push pins and other fasteners, check it, and make sure you got them all out. It should be 17-??, I'm sorry, but my memory isn't perfect \.

Good luck, man.

:beerchug:

u know there is a grommeet next to the tank. indeed the black plastic running along side has a post what fits init. lift the fairing upwards to clear.

I've got the same problem. Is there anybody who has some pics, so we could find the jumping points?

Back