Left fairing not fitting

Hambinoman

Registered
This is the first time I have ever removed the fairings. I got the right one on with no problem, but the left side isn't fitting properly, but all of the bolts and pins are lining up. I have attached photos. I appreciate any assistance with this.

20200418_222602.jpg

20200418_222636.jpg

This is the first time I have ever removed the fairings. I got the right one on with no problem, but the left side isn't fitting properly, but all of the bolts and pins are lining up. I have attached photos. I appreciate any assistance with this.

View attachment 1617112

View attachment 1617113
Not sure if you noticed the “pin” that fits into a grommet on the frame behind the plastic piece on the second picture (the one next to the tank). Some people put silicon spray or some kind of lubricant to get it in place easier.

Ive only had my fairings off a couple times and I was thinking earlier how much I hate how the gen2 fairings snap together. I prefer the first gen design by far on that part. Mine seem to not line back up a little more each time I take them off and I ended up putting a little scratch on one this time doing the exhaust. :banghead: :banghead:

Thus is just Busa initiation. Unfortunately initiation lasts years on these girls!
Def frustrating, but with a bit of persistence, it will all fit back.
Check youtube for blancabusas vid on removal...he has some good insite that helps installation too.
where are you at? If u are still struggling, Im sure we have peeps near you that could help.
GL bud,
Troy

When you go to put the fairing on swing it out at the bottom allowing that gap to click together.Wiggle it from front to back until that joint is achieved.Don't move on until it does. That join and the one below are always the toughest and have to be done prior to any others.There are 3 slots in there that need to click into place.Don't force them down however tempting.
For those that have scratched fairings [both Gen's] when putting them back on always have a huge supply of painters 2" wide tape on hand.Any edges that come close together during re-assemble should have a protective layer put on. PITA,takes a moment but well worth it.Not to brag or be "the Man" here but I can sling those things off/on pretty qwik.20+years of Busa plastics comming off on a regular basis,both Gen's. They can and should look like new when put back together.
Just ask RedBull to find that video,it may help.I've watched it,but can't swear it will help with this stage,but it is a good noobie thing.
Rubb.

Back