Has anyone tried pj1 blue?

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I'm planning a trip to the dealer and I'm wondering if I should try it.

Tried it, hated it. No matter how much hype they slather on about it not flinging off it will be everywhere! You'll get a lot of different input about chain lubes on here. My personal Fave is WD-40. Now I'll probably get flamed for saying that but I have used it liberally for years and it cleans, disperses water, lightly lubricates, and is easy to clean up. My chains last just fine (over 20K hard miles on the last one before I sold the bike and the chain was fine) with it. O-ring chains come sealed with lube in them already. If you keep the o-rings in good shape and keep the rollers from getting dry or rusty your golden. Lube it hot, lube it often, and wipe off the excess.

PJ1 flings and flies all over the place! Use Maxima Chain Wax, no fling, no mess......only way to go !

Yep ......the PJ stands for Phling Juice , 'cause that's all it's good for ! It lubes your undertail more than your chain .
laugh.gif

Double post...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151557438 -->

I use PJ1 black. I'll never be a fan of chain wax. I got 30K miles out of my stock chain.

Tri-Flo is a good non silicone alternative to WD40 and works well in the hot/dry climates where dry rot is a problem.

I second that on PJ black label. Makes a mess but makes chains last a long time.

I wipe down my bike with plexus after each ride anyway. I don't care, I'd rather clean than have my chain snap or replace them expensive suckers every 10k due to wear.

UPDATE - I ended up buying Maxima Chain Wax. Now I need a new back tire.

Back