Has anyone put hazards and Flash switches

HELP!

I am in the midst of this mod hazard, and I have too many wires.

My donor switch comes from a 2005 Hayabusa. In the black connector I have the three wires that go to the flasher, black, lt blue, lt green. Additionally, to place the jumpers as shown above, I had to remove two extra wires an ORANGE with RED tracer, and a YELLOW with WHITE tracer. For the life of me, I cannot figure out what these wires go to. The bike starts, kill switch works, brake light works, hazard works.

What are these two extra wires for? I can tell you that they go to the starter button which looks different than on my 2003.

Thoughts?

New harness with jumpers installed per this thread:

IMG_5947.jpg

Other side, same harness:

IMG_5948.jpg

Mystery wires Orange w/red and Yellow w/white:

IMG_5949.jpg

Suspect Housing:

IMG_5950.jpg

This is what's inside that housing. This mechanism is the behind the starter button.

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

This is the view inside the 2003 housing, starter wiring is different.

IMG_5954.jpg

So WTF are these two wires for? I don't have a wiring manual new enough to check.

Last edited:
I think I've figured it out....just need confirmation. These two wires cut power to the headlight when the starter button is pushed. So if you're interested, this circuit is closed or 'connected' allowing the headlight to remain on and opened or 'disconnected' when the button is pressed, thereby killing the headlight.

So on older bikes, these two wires aren't needed. This harness came from a 2005, I don't know when it actually was first introduced to the busa.

Guess that's that.

Last edited:
Ok with some prodding by GixerHP, I looked even closer at this. My black connector with jumpers in place has 9 pins. The receiving connector only has 5 pins. It doesn't appear that the jumpers are even connected to anything!

Can someone with a virgin 1999 - 2003 bike confirm?

And if this is the case, why are the jumpers there?

???

Last edited:
Ok with some prodding by GixerHP, I looked even closer at this. My black connector with jumpers in place has 9 pins. The receiving connector only has 5 pins. It doesn't appear that the jumpers are even connected to anything!

Can someone with a virgin 1999 - 2003 bike confirm?

And if this is the case, why are the jumpers there?

???
To make more sense, we need to know the difference for a 99 to 01, and then 02, then the next change is 03 and 04!
05 to 07 are the same!

I can't see your pics all I get is the red x's... but your housing came from on 05? Where is the 05 from? Can you send me pics via email? I might be able to help.

MCM

I chose to go a different route with the new connection for the hazard switch. Instead of adding a new connector and splicing back in, I wrapped the ends of the lt blue, lt green and black wires with heat shrink tubing like this:

IMG_5959.jpg

Take note, that the heat shrink tubing covers all the way down to the flattened spade portion. Once that was done, I heat shrinked those three wires together inline in the same order that the appear in the OEM yellow connector. This arrangement allows for you slide them in the back of the connector, where they get wedged between the wall of the connector and the original conductors:

IMG_5961.jpg

Slide them all the way in, and bam! You're done!

IMG_5962.jpg

Now off to do the garage opener mod!

Back