Has anyone put hazards and Flash switches

New connector

New_connector__Medium_.JPG

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 21 2007,10:35)
(mzrsq @ Jan. 21 2007,11
zzwhip.gif
)
(GoldenChild @ Jan. 20 2007,17:47) You have to look at the diagram and repin it for it to work.
Shawn,

I can't speak for the hazzard/pass switch, but I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Euro light swith for the right bar.  In that case I had to repin the connections because the Euro switch didn't match my 03 harness even though it was supposedly a direct plu and play for 99-02's
rock.gif

Anyways, it was a PIA, but in the end I enjoy the mod.  With a flip of the switch in the right housing I can now run with NO lights, Running lights only (no headlight, no break light), or All Lights.

If you can get the correct wiring diagrams from the year model with the hazzard switch, and compare it with yours, if you can find the right equipment to make the install clean at a local electronics store so you don't have to hack all you wires, then go for it.  I for one am not much of an electrician here, Suzuki4Life gave me some help on the phone as he was familiar with issue and got it hooked up.  
jump9.gif
Brother Scott - If I don't just tear into it completely blindly, then how will I ever post up the "Don't do it like this" thread?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  
laugh.gif

I see the blue wire in another harness, so I am optimistic, but what concerns me is the jumper in my harness.

When Speedadict and I were messing around with it, all of his fairings were off, so it was easy to see what was what - but Bessie is still dressed, 'cept for the inners - makes things a little more complicated.... I may have to break down and strip her before I am done.

A Euro housing huh - got any pics?  I might have to keep on the look out for something like that.  After all of the wiring I have done on Bessie - they know me by name at the local Radio Shack - I think I might have a new project in the works.

If you have any notes on what you wnet through, or pics - I would be extremely appreciative!
EUROSWITCH.jpg

EUROPARTNUMBER.jpg

must be ordered from overseas...US dealers can't get them...

try ebay uk...

GSXR switches will work on an 01 also.

After seeing this thread you motivated me to finally get around and do something with the switch housing that I picked up almost 2 yrs ago. Here are a few more pictures to maybe help out someone that might be nervous about doing this. It ended up not being as bad as I original thought it would be.

You need to remove the two jumpers (orange/blue) (orange/red) that are on the old harness because you will need them on the new harness.

DSC03479.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

On the new harness you need to remove the light blue, light green and black wires.

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

Once you have the three wires removed you can now put the jumpers in place like they were on the old harness.

DSC03495.jpg

Now on the yellow connector where the switch harness for your high/low beam and horn plugs in at you need to splice into the light blue, light green and black wires. I went ahead and remove them from the plug to make it easier to splice into.

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

Now all that you have to do is connect the three wires from the new harness to the three wires that you spliced into from the yellow plug. I would recommend getting a connector like MC MUSTANG did so that if you would ever need to take it apart you wouldn't need to cut any wires.

DSC03492.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

Yes sir,
Exactly the way that I did it, except like I mentioned, I wasn't paying attention and I spiced into the switch side of the light harness instead of the bike side - so when I find a new light switch for the flash to pass, I will need to resplice. But it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - nice job!

Once again!
I love this forum.
Like Shawn suggested, No need to re-invent the wheel!

Thanks Guys.
Doing this mod. this week end.

-Bob

Isn't the flash to pass on the left bar and the Euro on/off switch shown by Suzuki4life on the right?

I was just about to ask how to do this on a 01. I am going
to buy the switches. Debating on weather on not I will try
to hook up the flashers. I may get up enuff nerve to try
this.

this.
Let me know, I may be ofsome help... I put the hazards and flash to pass on Bessie; she is an '01...

I asked before, no one said anything.

What does the flash to pass funtion flash? Does it flash the high beam, the low beam, what?

HID owners need to know. Thx.

the flash to pass is an internal jumper in the switch housing. Takes 12volt and jumps to the high beam. I wanted to use the flash switch as a push to talk, but when I looked in the housing and saw there was only a jumper, decided not to rewire the switch. So .........the flash to pass should plug and play on early models.

Depending on how much you are spending on new switch housings and the time to rewire every thing has anyone suggested a Kinsen self canceling kit? It has hazard option, running lights on all turn signals, flashes three times when brakes are applied, will alternate flash the turn signals. About $100. I have the self cancel set for 10seconds. it works very well. when you activate a turn signal and approach your turn, apply brakes and the timer stops until you release the brake. I split the flashes to 5 before the turn and five after.
example............approaching a stop light........activate turn signal it flashes 5 times before i apply brakes and stop the timer....now I keep the brakes on while I wait for the light to change and the signals continue to flash because the timer is on hold.
after the light changes brakes are released and the timer starts, giving me the remainder of flashes while i make the turn.
Not a perfect system because there is no lean sensor and distance counter, but it works pretty well. Just another option to consider..... Hazards are activated by pushing the right turn 5 times, press and hold for 5 seconds to turn off. pressing the left turn five times activates a wig wag of the turn signals, press and hols five seconds to turn off.

this.
Let me know, I may be ofsome help... I put the hazards and flash to pass on Bessie; she is an '01...
Hey M.C I am going to try this weekend I may have to hit you up.
I'll send you my number, if you want, give me a call when you tear into it...

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Mike.P175 @ Feb. 20 2008 said:
1306603[/ATTACH] PM]
this.
Hey M.C I am going to try this weekend I may have to hit you up.
I'll send you my number, if you want, give me a call when you tear into it...
bro mc
i have a 06 model
wish to use the euro switch
can you kindly show what must be done to link it up.
also when u done it. how abt the hazard?
as 06 model has a hazard default switch on the right.
so after switching to euro version.

thanks

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

cn i juz get the switches for both left and right to replace my y2k busa's???

No you need the switches and then mod your stock harness to accept them as per MC's how to.. :thumbsup:

This should be a sticky.. :thumbsup:
Did mine per this thread great how to. :bowdown:

Back