Has anyone ordered from Ridegear.com?

M3Busa

Registered
I am having some real problems trying to contact them on the status of my order. Emails not answered, phone operators are always unavailable. Also, they don't have a call queue or hold feature. You either get the person or you get a message that says call back, so far i have been calling back for 7 days and emailing.

help

looks like they "resolved" all the issues, it was customers that failed to resolve... but the sheer number of issues is pretty disturbing...

I would imagine you will get your stuff.. maybe just not super speedy?

My experience with Ridegear is they TAKE FOREVER. If I can help it I order from Board Sponsors man at least I know they will be remotely speedy! Good Luck on your items, you will EVENTUALLY get them...sigh I feel your pain

Yea, i am in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB. This is 2008, there is NO excuse for not responding to a customer. I can send a email from my freakin cell phone now-a-days.

Naa, I have a lot of patience with some things, but this I have NONE.
firedevil.gif
We are in a digital communication era. The ONLY reason a company does not respond is because either they don't care or they aren't legitimate.

I say again, in this day and age, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON YOU CANNOT CONTACT SOME ONE within 24hrs unless they are dead. The complaint is done and I will be filing a written complaint.

i have ordered from them twice. first order went smooth and quick. that was about 2 and a half years ago. then i ordered something recently. no package for weeks. couldnt get a hold of them for weeks. never again! i did eventually receive my product, but i was so pissed still. do not use ridegear. bad bad bad.

I have had a few friends that were told everything they ordered was on back-order. This seems to be a standard line for their delays. No thanks.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they have little on the shelf and they drop ship everything. The only problem is, they turn around and order stuff from he manufacturer whenever they feel like it.

I work at McMaster-Carr in Elmhurst, if you order something in the morning, you usually get it that day, usually for around $6. This makes me think that companies like this are an even bigger joke.

i ordered some anodized bolts from them with no problems, i think however it did take just an extra week to get my stuff, but everything was good..

A couple of years ago they hit us up to partner with them and we were going to have a full shopping cart here on the org. We were going to be a reseller of all of their products and we would have kept 15% of all sales. It seemed like a good deal at first, I got the interfaces up for the real time pricing lookups and everything... We were live for about 2 months and members here were buying from them, they were Johnny on the spot with their IT staff if your interface went down but no one else would ever call back. They stiffed me for two months in pay so I dropped them, sent a crappy email and letter and have told everyone I know since not to use them......... They never replied back to my email either......

cap

Geez ... I ordered from them a long time ago, and didn't have any issues. Then I found Iron Pony Motorsports, in Ohio. Closer than Ride Gear for me, so I switched--and no problems with them. Cycle Gear seems to be OK, but I would typically buy from the store.

Best bet is to stick with an .Org Sponsor.
thumb_up.gif

Just got an e-mail from them saying a hat i ordered about 6 mos. ago is still on back order(get the same e-mail every month).Since it's only a hat i don't bother,but damned if i'd ever order anything from them again.
guns.gif

Back