Has anyone heard from mythos?

I passed the drug test. The only problem was taking half a pee all day so I was ready to provide a sample. All the bands were colored to the top so my blood's clean of elicit substances. On to the occupational stress test: Squats with no weight. Push a 50 lb sled. Hold 18 lbs in front of you for 60 seconds. I've done a lot more strenuous work than that every day for the last 40 years but they wouldn't let me take the test because my blood pressure's to high! I have to be approved by a doctor to take the test although I doubt the test would elevate my BP very much because it's so easy. The HR person I'm talking to said it's no big deal, they've had this before, contact her when my doctor approves me to take the test. Time to see the doctor. I'll report back with new developments. I think I got this job in the bag but it will take a little longer to start than I anticipated. I'm sure grateful the employer is willing to wait for me.

I've lowered the top and bottom numbers of my BP by 20 points without medication by keeping a very strict, clean diet and exercise routine. I eat mostly potatoes and protein drinks with some fat free cottage cheese and plain raw veggies. No meat and no salt. I run about every other day but I can do that a little more frequently. I really think intense aerobic exercise helps more than the diet. I believe the thing that lowers blood pressure most is avoiding recreational substances. Every one of those I can think of increases BP. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat anything that tastes good or you'll die!!! It's true though, I had a few beers in the evening, went to breakfast with a friend, ate my homelet with hash browns and half of hers, had one energy drink in the afternoon... my BP skyrocketed right back up where it had been. So there you have it, I don't know if all of those things caused my BP to go back up or if it was just one.

I have a doctor appointment on the 22nd of this month. I'd like to get my BP to 150/90. At that point, I'd be able to take the stress test with or without meds. I really don't know if it's possible to get my BP to 140/90 or lower. That will probably take medication.

In my dieting, I had a bit of an epiphany: We eat like every day is a feast. Long ago our lives involved long periods of eating scaresly off the land with occasional treats of meat. Even the meat was usually not red meat. As our civilizations evolved and food production became a business, we mainly dine on "treats", much different than the days when our basic physiology was determined. So today, we expect full of treats and ignore the healthy boring stuff we need for a balanced diet.

It's almost impossible to maintain a healthy physique today by eating the typical American diet. You don't realize how bad this food is for you until you stop eating it. I ate chicken breast, broccoli, and low-starch veggies, drank only water (120cc per day), and lost 60 lbs in just 60 days. More amazing than the weight loss was the shape of my body which looks like a 40-year-old rather than a 62-year-old.

I've lowered the top and bottom numbers of my BP by 20 points without medication by keeping a very strict, clean diet and exercise routine. I eat mostly potatoes and protein drinks with some fat free cottage cheese and plain raw veggies. No meat and no salt. I run about every other day but I can do that a little more frequently. I really think intense aerobic exercise helps more than the diet. I believe the thing that lowers blood pressure most is avoiding recreational substances. Every one of those I can think of increases BP. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat anything that tastes good or you'll die!!! It's true though, I had a few beers in the evening, went to breakfast with a friend, ate my homelet with hash browns and half of hers, had one energy drink in the afternoon... my BP skyrocketed right back up where it had been. So there you have it, I don't know if all of those things caused my BP to go back up or if it was just one.

I have a doctor appointment on the 22nd of this month. I'd like to get my BP to 150/90. At that point, I'd be able to take the stress test with or without meds. I really don't know if it's possible to get my BP to 140/90 or lower. That will probably take medication.

Look into daily fasting.
I do 16 hour fasts most days, eating within 8 hours, and only water otherwise.
I also have been doing a keto diet for over 4 years.
I want to start doing regular ice baths too, so have been looking at used clawfoot tubs for my basement.
Ice baths are still yet to be easy for me, it's pretty awful, lol, but I feel incredible for hours after, and suprisingly not cold.
Makes my achey joints not ache.
I also work out 2-3 times a week, 30min to an hour.
I'm 46 and still in good shape and health, but have made adjustments to my routines over the years.

Look into daily fasting.
I want to start doing regular ice baths too, so have been looking at used clawfoot tubs for my basement.
Ice baths are still yet to be easy for me, it's pretty awful, lol, but I feel incredible for hours after, and suprisingly not cold.
I'm 46 and still in good shape and health, but have made adjustments to my routines over the years.
When I went to Keto one of the side benefits was my joints stopped aching. I have come to believe that processed sugar is a toxin that our body has to rid itself of. We have less histamines in us causing inflammation once we rid ourselves of processed sugar.

When I went to Keto one of the side benefits was my joints stopped aching. I have come to believe that processed sugar is a toxin that our body has to rid itself of. We have less histamines in us causing inflammation once we rid ourselves of processed sugar.

Yep
I completely agree, and even though I eat a little sugar every 2-3 weeks, it's bad stuff.

Look into daily fasting.
I had been a big protein and starch eater throughout my life because I've been into fitnes as well. Compared to what I used to eat, my diet is pretty extreme now. I'd be willing to try just about any diet to bring my blood pressure down as long as it's low sodium and low cholesterol. As I see it, a high fat diet means eating a lot of meat which is more likely to increase blood pressure or eating a very small volume of low cholesterol oil because it's so dense in calories.

In the end, you convert what carbs you eat or what fat you eat into energy and you store the excess. If you eat less less than what is required for your needs, you convert your own body mass into energy thereby storing nothing.

I'm not actually trying to loose body fat. I'm mainly concerned with eliminating all foods that will increase blood pressure. As it turns out, that has already lead to a 7 pound weight loss. The reason, I'm eating almost no fat. :thumbsup:

I had been a big protein and starch eater throughout my life because I've been into fitnes as well. Compared to what I used to eat, my diet is pretty extreme now. I'd be willing to try just about any diet to bring my blood pressure down as long as it's low sodium and low cholesterol. As I see it, a high fat diet means eating a lot of meat which is more likely to increase blood pressure or eating a very small volume of low cholesterol oil because it's so dense in calories.

In the end, you convert what carbs you eat or what fat you eat into energy and you store the excess. If you eat less less than what is required for your needs, you convert your own body mass into energy thereby storing nothing.

I'm not actually trying to loose body fat. I'm mainly concerned with eliminating all foods that will increase blood pressure. As it turns out, that has already lead to a 7 pound weight loss. The reason, I'm eating almost no fat. :thumbsup:
Have you tried beets? If you hate them like I do there are chews that are good. For me, I have to use a diuretic to remove cell fluid. That's the only thing I have found that directly impacts my BP. I watch Salt and eat pretty well now too.

I was admitted to the hospital with a BP of 262/200! They said they had never seen anyone survive something like that. They dropped it too fast and my heart stopped. Was able to come back and was in the hospital for 10 days waiting for all my organs to come back online. The biggest sustained damage is an enlarged heart. Trust me you don't want to go there. Now I check the BP twice a day and I'm on several meds. Life is pretty normal though.

BP is serious business.

Have you tried beets? If you hate them like I do there are chews that are good. For me, I have to use a diuretic to remove cell fluid. That's the only thing I have found that directly impacts my BP. I watch Salt and eat pretty well now too.

I was admitted to the hospital with a BP of 262/200! They said they had never seen anyone survive something like that. They dropped it too fast and my heart stopped. Was able to come back and was in the hospital for 10 days waiting for all my organs to come back online. The biggest sustained damage is an enlarged heart. Trust me you don't want to go there. Now I check the BP twice a day and I'm on several meds. Life is pretty normal though.

BP is serious business.
Hi. My BP goes up and down. I do take 1 pill a day for it. It was hight so at first I was given 2 pill a day. I started to feel dizzy after a time of the 2 pill. Then I would stand up to fast I would pass out. Back to the döc it has been a fight to keep it normal. I also eat to much.

My blood pressure has been 120/80 for my entire life, it is always the same.
I know several people with high bp as well, and some in very good shape otherwise.
That leads me to belive that bp varies some by the individual, and that they are still healthy.
Yes, diet and exercise directly effect your bp, and if you eat junk and lay around, it'll be no suprise that it's too high.
Too high and your bp can cause blood vessels to burst/stroke, I get that too.
But, if you are in shape, work out, eat good, and your bp is still a little high, to me...that's just the individual.
Modern medicine is great in many ways, fixing broken bones, cuts, injuries, and some sicknesses.
But as far as 'there's a pill for that' goes, I'll pass.
Most Dr.s push pills for everything nowdays, and the bp pill push reminds me of the Body Mass Index Scale, lets put everyone in the same box.
In my early 20's I was told by a Dr. that I was overweight...I was/am 5'10", and at the time was 183 lbs(165-170 now), had a sixpack(still do) and 18.5" arms...I laughed and told him he was full of sh*t as I walked out.
Know your own body, trust your gut on how you feel, and get second opinions from other Dr.s.
Does anyone know what they call the person who graduates from medical school with the lowest GPA?
Doctor...

My blood pressure has been 120/80 for my entire life, it is always the same.
I know several people with high bp as well, and some in very good shape otherwise.
That leads me to belive that bp varies some by the individual, and that they are still healthy.
Yes, diet and exercise directly effect your bp, and if you eat junk and lay around, it'll be no suprise that it's too high.
Too high and your bp can cause blood vessels to burst/stroke, I get that too.
But, if you are in shape, work out, eat good, and your bp is still a little high, to me...that's just the individual.
Modern medicine is great in many ways, fixing broken bones, cuts, injuries, and some sicknesses.
But as far as 'there's a pill for that' goes, I'll pass.
Most Dr.s push pills for everything nowdays, and the bp pill push reminds me of the Body Mass Index Scale, lets put everyone in the same box.
In my early 20's I was told by a Dr. that I was overweight...I was/am 5'10", and at the time was 183 lbs(165-170 now), had a sixpack(still do) and 18.5" arms...I laughed and told him he was full of sh*t as I walked out.
Know your own body, trust your gut on how you feel, and get second opinions from other Dr.s.
Does anyone know what they call the person who graduates from medical school with the lowest GPA?
Doctor...
I had to maintain a very high level of physical fitness in order to do what I used to do....I spent a lot of time in the weight room, circuit training, on the obstacle course and on the road running or load bearing marches....I ate healthy but the amount of calories I burnt would negate anytime I ate unhealthy...we used to have a nutritionist in our unit that would give us feeding plans and advise us on our calorie intake/usage.

I spent lots of time deployed to various environments and had lots and lots of stress placed on my mind and body.....

......and I survived all that surprisingly enough but the last few years I have had high blood pressure and am on pills for that even though I am still in shape (not at the same level as I used to be however). What I found out was my dad had high bp and both my older brothers as well...my Dr said it is most likely hereditary in my case....what helped me is I have never smoked, drank alcohol or used any drugs.

Getting old sucks in most cases....

I had to maintain a very high level of physical fitness in order to do what I used to do....I spent a lot of time in the weight room, circuit training, on the obstacle course and on the road running or load bearing marches....I ate healthy but the amount of calories I burnt would negate anytime I ate unhealthy...we used to have a nutritionist in our unit that would give us feeding plans and advise us on our calorie intake/usage.

I spent lots of time deployed to various environments and had lots and lots of stress placed on my mind and body.....

......and I survived all that surprisingly enough but the last few years I have had high blood pressure and am on pills for that even though I am still in shape (not at the same level as I used to be however). What I found out was my dad had high bp and both my older brothers as well...my Dr said it is most likely hereditary in my case....what helped me is I have never smoked, drank alcohol or used any drugs.

I would agree with heriditary and age too.
My Dad turned 73 a couple weeks ago, and has been on bp medicine for over a decade now, but thankfully is otherwise in good health.
I also wonder what causes an increase in bp, aside from the usual, like stress, and poor diet and exercise?
If those factors are good, why still in some cases a body's bp still increases?
If it is a natural reaction to a problem, or simply adapting to other changes in the body?
Of course I mean within a normal/normal to high bp range too, not 200 over 5, where you're likely soon dead, lol.
Oh well, it hardly matters, it can be easy to give any subject too much though...gotta die of something.
At least you avoided lead poisoning!
lol

There is that of course....even though I did manage to catch some....

My adrenaline was so pumped up I didn't even notice until later when someone pointed it out to me...

Hey...you're bleedin'
lol
I've been there a few times...just not from someone shooting at me!

Have you tried beets?
LOVE beets...but I rarely eat them. I'll buy some the next time I see them in the supermarket.

I believe this is true just like some people are chubby and still in excellent physical condition. Of course, just because something is hereditary, that doesn't mean it's healthy....it could just be an illness. "Know your body" as you said but I'd take into consideration what the doctors tell me. Also, family history. My grandfather had the family high blood pressure and he had a doozie of a stroke that left him with slow movement and unable to speak. My father has had mini strokes according to his doctor. He never knew and neither did anyone else until now. I'm going to try to head off the stroke scenario if I can. I think I would rather die and not know what happened. No sir, I'd really be happy to avoid being disabled.

It sucks more the longer it goes on and one day somethings gonna git-cha no matter how well you've taken care of yourself. There's no insurance that will save you from dying but it will keep you around longer. I have a father who survives because of medication and surgeries. He doesn't take care of himself at all but he's still here and in my opinion, he lives a pretty nice life. I doubt I will have life so good when I'm 85 years old.

Last edited:
LOVE beets...but I rarely eat them. I'll buy some the next time I see them in the supermarket.

I believe this is true just like some people are chubby and still in excellent physical condition. Of course, just because something is hereditary, that doesn't mean it's healthy....it could just be an illness. "Know your body" as you said but I'd take into consideration what the doctors tell me. Also, family history. My grandfather had the family high blood pressure and he had a doozie of a stroke that left him with slow movement and unable to speak. My father has had mini strokes according to his doctor. He never knew and neither did anyone else until now. I'm going to try to head off the stroke scenario if I can. I think I would rather die and not know what happened. No sir, I'd really be happy to avoid being disabled.

It sucks more the longer it goes on and one day somethings gonna git-cha no matter how well you've taken care of yourself. There's no insurance that will save you from dying but it will keep you around longer. I have a father who survives because of medication and surgeries. He doesn't take care of himself at all but he's still here and in my opinion, he lives a pretty nice life. I doubt I will have life so good when I'm 85 years old.
While you figure out how to get that BP under control, start eating watermelon daily if you can. It has a protein that keeps veins and arteries elastic. Will stop you from popping one if you get a clot or just if there is a weakness in general. Taurine will also help.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/hypertensionaha.115.06624#:~:text=Taurine, the most abundant, semiessential,BP) in hypertensive animal models.

Oh and add two brazil buts a day to your diet. Many people who have high BP ends having transient pulmonary Hypertension as well but sure hard to know it's happening unless you do echo regularly and just happen to see it. They are linking it to a lack of selenium which is what Brazil nuts are full of. BTW please don't eat more than two, eat too many and you'll get sick from selenium poisoning. Just one or two is all that's needed. Huge nuts btw lol.

In the end it's all nutrition. Always. The right tool for the right job.

Last edited:
I would agree with heriditary and age too.
My Dad turned 73 a couple weeks ago, and has been on bp medicine for over a decade now, but thankfully is otherwise in good health.
I also wonder what causes an increase in bp, aside from the usual, like stress, and poor diet and exercise?
If those factors are good, why still in some cases a body's bp still increases?
If it is a natural reaction to a problem, or simply adapting to other changes in the body?
Of course I mean within a normal/normal to high bp range too, not 200 over 5, where you're likely soon dead, lol.
Oh well, it hardly matters, it can be easy to give any subject too much though...gotta die of something.
At least you avoided lead poisoning!
lol
Hi. 6. I am almost 2 yrs older tham your dad.

While you figure out how to get that BP under control, start eating watermelon daily if you can. It has a protein that keeps veins and arteries elastic. Will stop you from popping one if you get a clot or just if there is a weakness in general. Taurine will also help.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/hypertensionaha.115.06624#:~:text=Taurine, the most abundant, semiessential,BP) in hypertensive animal models.

Oh and add two brazil buts a day to your diet. Many people who have high BP ends having transient pulmonary Hypertension as well but sure hard to know it's happening unless you do echo regularly and just happen to see it. They are linking it to a lack of selenium which is what Brazil nuts are full of. BTW please don't eat more than two, eat too many and you'll get sick from selenium poisoning. Just one or two is all that's needed. Huge nuts btw lol.

In the end it's all nutrition. Always. The right tool for the right job.
Hey I like the whole two brazil buts a day therapy plan. Does it have to be the same buts each day or different?

I hope I can get a prescription and paid by insurance.

Back