Has anyone heard from Rubb?

Has anyone spoke or heard from Rubb lately? I've been communicating with him and haven't had a reply for weeks.
@hayabuser Was able to get in contact with him thru text and seems he going thru some rough times, hoping he gets thru it and comes back real soon to let us know how he's doing and really hoping that talk of him losing the black bastid doesn't happen :(.

My last exchange with Rubb wasn't great... his attitude was good (as always) but the events he described left me worried. Talk of falling off the wagon, drowning his sorrows, etc. The only upside was news that he's going to be a grandfather to twins... he thinks it's cool, but he found out in a message form his ex that was less than enthusiastic... her take is that their daughter is throwing away her promising future by getting knocked up.

It's been a week or so since I heard from him, guess it's time to rattle his chain again, see what's up.

I came home a week ago to find a box delivered by Post with Canadian declarations on it and Rubb's name as sender.
I opened it and found and ultra sonic cleaner he had sent me, unsolicited too.
I had not even spoken to him about it, he just sent it out of the goodness of his heart. Postage cost him dearly too.
I PM'd him the same day to thank him etc, but never received a reply . . I also noticed he had not had any activity here on this forum.
I so hope he is OK.
@rubbersidedown

Thanks everyone, I've only known him for a few months but he always lifts my spirit when I am down. We talked on the phone awhile back but I can't make international calls. He and many of you were truly there for me when I needed and think a lot of him. I will try sending him an email.

Thanks everyone, I've only known him for a few months but he always lifts my spirit when I am down. We talked on the phone awhile back but I can't make international calls. He and many of you were truly there for me when I needed and think a lot of him. I will try sending him an email.
If you have a smartphone you can get "WhatsApp" and you are able to make free international calls as it works over wifi.

I just sent him a text and asked how he is doing. I will let you know what he says if he answers ..
We actually live very close to each other. So I might be able to meet up with him and see how he is doing!

Hey boys,
I just got a call from Andy. He left me a voicemail because I couldnt answer the call.

He is in the hospital because he had or has a bad flu. He didnt say anything about if its covid related but he is alive and considering the circumstances "well". I will call him later and update you guys again!

Flu? He told me it was his pancreas acting up again.

Regardless, he’s in a bad place in his head and needs help. But he’s too proud to ask. :confused:
I did not ask for permission to release his entire health concern because I havent spoken to him yet. There was more but I would like to ask him first before I make it public here! (but he has a bad flu too!)

If you have a smartphone you can get "WhatsApp" and you are able to make free international calls as it works over wifi.

I just sent him a text and asked how he is doing. I will let you know what he says if he answers ..
We actually live very close to each other. So I might be able to meet up with him and see how he is doing!
Thanks I will download the app.

Back