has anyone had???

mike04busa

Registered
My speedo stopped working and only jumps off 0 for a little while. the harness is good but i dont know the values that the sensor puts out to read them at the cluster connector. the sensor is new. and i tried the old one for kicks. if i tap the cluster while the back wheel is off the ground and moving it will jump, but it does that with just the key on also.anyone in the area with an extra that i could plug in just try? The sad part is i sold an extra one 2 months ago. Thanks

Does it complete a power-on sweep?  If not and all the others are working I'd guess that there's a bad solder connection in the speedo circuit.  If it does sweep the problem may lie elswhere.  (speed sensor, ecu, etc.)

Good luck with it!

If any one cares it does power sweep.
tounge.gif

Hey man, i have a set with the mounting nubs broke off, but they work fine.

$40 shipped.

(mike04busa @ Jun. 25 2007,20:49) If any one cares it does power sweep.  
tounge.gif
Make sure the sensor isn't coming loose. It can cause damage if its backing out. Here is the sensor tesing instructions.

Speedo.jpg

+1 to what BusaWhipped said.

On my Busa the countersprocket nut (and the speedo sensor) came loose, and worked it's way off cracking the cover from the inside. That would be the first thing to check.

+100 busawhipped!!! I will try that asap, the sensor is new but it does not mean it's good, sprocket nut ok, reluctor clean and tight, sensor tight . I hope i could find the problem or someone will have to talk me off the roof.I also checked contuity from the sensor conn. to the cluster (ok).Thank you very much for the info.

Back