Hard Starting

javie

Registered
Alright I've given up, I've exhausted just about everything that I know how to do. Sometimes my bike fires right up, most times it takes 4-5 tries and some extra throttle to get it going. I've pulled the injectors, had em cleaned and pulsed, new plugs, oil change for good measure, new battery, and earlier today I sync'd the throttle bodies. It still is a b*tch to start sometimes. Any suggestions/comments?

Also on the sync note, did anyone have to turn their carbtune upside down cuz your readings were under 8? I had to sync mine upside down, the readings were too low right side up.

Thanks!

That sounds strange.
It is hard on the starter to have it like that.
I had a Husqvarna like that, - wouldn't start when it had been left for a day or so.
I ended up giving it a small shot of Quick Start (ether) each time I started it and off she went.
That may be worth a try if you get to the end of your rope, and want a quick fix, and it runs fine other than that.
Just a shot though, that stuff is powerful.
Not what you wanted to hear, but next would be to try new coils, ECU etc and that sounds like a drag.
Good Luck!

Aha in a bit of luck its starting fine now. Maybe the throttle bodies just needed to set but ya it takes 2-3 seconds and fires right up. I was hoping it didnt burn out the starter, now I guess I wont have to worry about it, thanks for the tip tho, in case i ever need it!

Back