Hang up and drive!

ssg_petty_210

Registered
One thing that really grinds my gears is when people are operating a vehicle and decide to text or talk on a cell phone. If it is that important, pull over and handle your business. Today in Killeen Texas there was a "Safety Ride" to practice safe riding and awareness on the road. There was a lady that decided to text and drive and caused 5 riders to crash. Im not to sure of the extent of the injuries as of yet, but there were injuries. Nobody should get hurt, or worse, even killed because someone is to impatient and decides to text and drive. If you have a passenger, pass the phone to them and let them text if it cant wait. I had to vent and let the org know what happened today. It was a pretty nasty spill because some woman decided to be stupid. Ride safe ladies and gentlemen, and dont text and drive.

Hopefully everyone is okay and she was cited for something.

Amen! A few miles from home, earlier this month, a father and daughter were killed by an out of control SUV that ran onto the sidewalk where they were bicycling:

Concord SUV kills father, daughter riding bikes

They don't even know if the driver (a minor) was distracted or not. Either way, it makes the case that driving is a FULL TIME job and that behaving otherwise can be truly and tragically devastating.

Be careful out there and take care of each other. :beerchug:

It's a plague of selfish stupidity. I see it all to often unfortunately. Seriously, who the hell are you texting and or talking to at 7:10 am
Headed South on I75 @ 80ph? As if commuting wasn't dangerous enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i mean i talk on the phone and drive but usually its on bluetooth and i pay attention to bikers lol man some people are so ignorant

One of my pet peeves, and I'm sooooo sick of being stuck behind cagers chatting on their phone, not even going the speed limit. I always think to myself "No idiot, you can't do both!!" because you know they think they're doing everything perfectly :banghead:

Sent from Space via Forum Runner

The sad part about it was it supposed to have been a safety awareness ride?! I try my damndest to stay away from or maneuver around people on phones talking, people texting, smoking, drinking and folks with kids in their cars! May sound crazy, but thats just me!

Yeah I keep my head on a swivel lol. Its like every other driver on the road is on their phone. Thats my biggest pet peives on the road lol.

Back