Handlebar replacement - easy or not?

Correct me if im wrong but would it be worth getting an aftermarket top plate so he could keep the helibars and risers while maintaining the lower height?
Why not just put stock bars on? I got some cheap on ebay (be here tomorrow).

I want to try replacing my helibars with stock bars. Why? Because the housings hit the windshield and I don't like that.

sorry me again the angry, old man from across the pond

wtheck are helibars ?

are this bars in Z-form? or what ?

if Z-formed loosen the pinch bolts and turn the bar some degrees (5-10) backwards and fasten them again with around 10-12 Nm
the same at both sides equally - that way you prevent the touching between switches and fairing screen etc.

sorry - if Z-formed - my harsh words but
logic isn't the brightest candle on your cake, it seems to me ?

and use a torque wrench for that job or you are in biggest danger to rip out the inner threads in the alu

The riser is for lowering the front end. Forks are sticking up an inch through the riser
I just did mine. The bike was lowered and a new bar mount installed that can slide down the fork tubes. To raise the bars, I installed a Helibar riser with the stock bar mounting plate and the cables all fit and worked fine, and I can move the bars left and right with no interference. I don't think a double bubble shield really makes any difference as the only different part of that is in the middle. Here's a video I made of the process. Not the best but clearly shows the results
I'm also selling my lowering bar mount if anyone is looking for one ALIF Handlebar Lowering kit | eBay

I just did mine. The bike was lowered and a new bar mount installed that can slide down the fork tubes. To raise the bars, I installed a Helibar riser with the stock bar mounting plate and the cables all fit and worked fine, and I can move the bars left and right with no interference. I don't think a double bubble shield really makes any difference as the only different part of that is in the middle. Here's a video I made of the process. Not the best but clearly shows the results
I'm also selling my lowering bar mount if anyone is looking for one ALIF Handlebar Lowering kit | eBay

The OP has a gen2, where HeliBars are actual handlebars(as they are for the gen1).
For the gen3, HeliBars are a riser plate with the handlebar mounts slightly offset towards the rider.
The gen1 and 2 riser plates are just a block that do not change the bar position, other than the height that they mount at.

Gen1 and Gen2 HeliBars.
The only difference between the gen1 and gen2 is the hole location for the pins on the switch housings(the plastic pins inside the switch housings fit into the holes or dimples in the bars to keep the switches from rotating on the bars).

Screenshot_20230201-081915_Chrome.jpg

It's easy.
If you already have Heli-bars on, then the throttle cable clamp has likely been removed.
Look on the throttle side of the frame, below the front of the gas tank, there will be a small bracket, bolt, or threaded hole visible, which clamped both throttle cables against the frame.
There is no need for it regardless of which bars you have, and it gives you more slack in the cables to remove the bars.
Just remove the allenhead bolt on the inside end of each handlebar, and slide each out of the top plate.
Then you can pull the right handlebar out of the throttle tube.
Came apart real easily. Unfortunately the ebay seller screwed me and only sent one handlebar. Trying again...

sorry me again the angry, old man from across the pond

wtheck are helibars ?

are this bars in Z-form? or what ?

if Z-formed loosen the pinch bolts and turn the bar some degrees (5-10) backwards and fasten them again with around 10-12 Nm
the same at both sides equally - that way you prevent the touching between switches and fairing screen etc.

sorry - if Z-formed - my harsh words but
logic isn't the brightest candle on your cake, it seems to me ?

and use a torque wrench for that job or you are in biggest danger to rip out the inner threads in the alu
Despite your clearly high opinion of me, I do know what rotate means.

The OP has a gen2, where HeliBars are actual handlebars(as they are for the gen1).
For the gen3, HeliBars are a riser plate with the handlebar mounts slightly offset towards the rider.
The gen1 and 2 riser plates are just a block that do not change the bar position, other than the height that they mount at.
Ahhh thanks for the clarification.

I did them on my gen1. Easy peasy. Gen 2 shouldn’t be any bit harder. Now going to a LSL type bar is different.
Yes, it was simple. Took it all apart anticipating bars coming in the mail yesterday and only one bar came (guy screwed up the listing by copy/pasting). Now the soonest I can get a set is Tuesday and I have an appointment to get tires Tuesday. So I put the helibars back on (sigh).

Left and right stock bars have different part numbers. How can you differentiate between the two?

Back