Halo3 !!!!

halo 3...bout freaken time....the boys and i have been waiting a long time for it

halo 3...bout freaken time....the boys and i have been waiting a long time for it
Unfortunately, the wait isn't over.............but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!
smile_face_r.gif

uhhhhhmmmm.......ok.
sorry if my diatribe stung ya, just .02 from a guy that has bodyfat percentage lower than his waistline number.
My best friend n his wife are "gamers" -known my boy since we were 5 years old...been tryn to cure his need (and hers) of RPG games for years and get him to start workin out with me, to no avail. Not here to slam any one individual, just wish people would look around at the world, and the people in it, and see the need to do/say something about the constant desire for entertainment that requires no physical action....if NBA, NFL, n MLB are so popular, why are fewer kids playing??? one guess.....???
I don't play Halo but I thought I'd comment.

First off, what does body fat have to do with anything?

I work out 4 nights a week, I torque wrenches in the garage, I do home improvement, I knock out the honey-do list, I ride the Busa (with the honey riding along) whenever I can, I take Small Circle Jujitsu and Tae Kwan Do two nights a week and I catch the occasional video game. My bodyfat is probably around 11% right now (though I'm not anal enough to check but once or twice a year - I know I'm lean and mean) but it has nothing to do with the conversation. Does it?

You see, when you plop your low bodyfat booty down in front of the tube and gloat over how healthy you are... others are at movie theaters watching a movie, some are at sporting events, and yet others are gaming. They come in all shapes and sizes, all walks of life, and all of varying degrees of physical prowess. The argument could be made that you or any one of us could be lifting weights, jogging, or sovling world hunger. The simple matter of fact is that we all need down time and we need that down time the way we choose for it to be, because that's what it's there for.

So take a step back, be careful not to topple off your soapbox, and realize that not everyone conforms to the zombie-nation of TV watchers and movie goers that I'm sure you're more comfortable with.

Perhaps more of us should look around at the world we live in and the people in it... and then we'd see that there at MILLIONS of gamers online on any given day. Some are addicted, others are casual, and yet others are trying it for the very first time (much like TV, radio, opera, plays, movies, and etc from the past) only to find they like or dislike the experience. Age has nothing to do with entertainment value nor with the value of just plain relaxing.

Take it easy... but not too easy, you've got work to do!
HT

P.S. Don't "cure" you best friend and his wife, they are enjoying a hobby together. We should all be so lucky! Offer support for their marriage when they need it (as his friend) but don't mettle in it by trying to convince them that something they enjoy together is fruitless or "wrong".

OUCH!!
tounge.gif

that was me, fallin off my soapbox....ok i'm done ranting bout videogames, I just happen to see most who are involved with online gaming in my neck of the woods (Brew City-not exactly the health-capital of the world) are going overboard n they let the games take place of real physical interaction with others.
as to curing my buddy n wife-i know it'll never happen, but yes it is something they enjoy together so thats y i dont sweat it too much...but they're still trying to "cure" me of my addiction to speed-espc. his wife (she's in med school) who had to take care of me right after my bike accident last year cuz fiancee had to work that night. every time I mention anything about triple-digit runs down the track (or freeway usally) to my buddy, I get a smack in the head. Their arguement has always been that 6+ hours of gaming never results in 2 months of PT, neck braces, damaged kidneys from too many Percocets, or $10,000 emergency room bills.
So there, I kicked myself off.
soapbox.gif
rant.gif

eehhhh, they're ok i guess.:p

j/k! yeah that Seppuku looks nice-funny she chose that name (Jap. for ritual suicide)? does she ever win? or just jump on grenades?
biggrin.gif

heck if there's this many Halo fanboys in the .org, u guys shud start a Busa Clan and try to wipe out all the 'Bird n 12R owners out there!
laugh.gif

Obviously BigDiesel and deldewey seem to be missing an important lesson..............moderation in everything is key![/QUOTE]

To all you gaming fans out there, sorry I will not agree with BigDiesel again  
biggrin.gif

Back