H2/H2R First Ride from Cycle World

I'm looking forward to hearing how it go's and what you think.

To be fair though that's only half the story.
Everything from its shorter wheelbase, quick shifter,
electronic steering damper, traction control, launch control,
new KYB forks, etc etc will mean its something special not
just the counting of the Ponys.

If it really turns out to be good, not just all hype (which is possible)
it can only be a good thing to wake up other manufacturers.

Kawasaki have recently registered several other similar model names
for future use so hopefully some of the bikes tech will filter down and
it won't end up like the NR750 for example.

Don't get me wrong, I love my BUSA. It's old and fat just like me! Thrills are always on tap when I get froggy. It suits me perfectly for my style of riding and I doubt I'll ever sell it because it is an iconic motorcycle and always will be. Would I buy an H2...probably not. I sure can't wait to see one in person and maybe take one for a ride.

My next bike will probably be an Indian Roadmaster.

As a motorcycle enthusiast, I can appreciate any bike regardless of who's name is on it.

Kawasaki deserves a lot of credit for breaking the mold -again. Back when the first KZ1000 came out, I bought it - had to have the best bike out there at the time, and I thought that was it. I still have that bike - a 1977 KZ1000 - now a turbo, making 350 to the wheel on C16. When the Hayabusa first came out in 1999 and I saw one in person for the first time, I thought it was the ugliest bike I had ever seen in my life. Now I've got four of them, two are turbo. There are a lot of opinions being thrown around, which is great, everybody has one. And every body is entitled to theirs. Too bad there was a longshoreman's strike on the west coast that slowed shipments down a bit. In about two weeks, a good friend is hopefully picking up his H2 street version. He plans on bringing over to our dyno for a test spin. After that, he is planning on putting a pipe on it and getting his ecu de-restricted, at which time we will again dyno this bike. POWERHOUSE will report those findings and post graphs. Our dyno is not a "happy" dyno, and run conditions will be posted as well, along with SAE and uncorrected charts. I hope to be more impressed than I am right now . . .:whistle:

Has it been 2 weeks yet? :please:

One thing I can add is that every company short of Suzuki, has a bike I would be more than happy to ride,and I only own Suzuki's!
Of all the latest/greatest, the NEW R1 has me the most intrigued. The h2 has the wow factor covered in spades ,but I think the r1 is going to be the new target for the liter bike class. LOVE the BMW(track ridden) Ducati, aprilia etc, etc... Not at a loss for the enthusiast but it will cost you, though it is free to dream.

I can't wait to see customer's bike run on a dyno and get real numbers from a real customer.
All the years that I have been around motorcycles somehow Kawasaki's and Honda's press bikes always run just a little better than the customer's bikes.
Tolerance stack I think!

and which class is this bike going to race in and be competitive in? well, since it can't race in any AMA class you think its gonna compete against Turbo bikes? lmao....!

It's hard to believe, but much of the world doesn't share America's love of fat tyres, long swingarms and straight lines.
The UK, EU, AU etc all love their sportsbikes, they seem to follow MotoGP, World Superbikes, etc with a great deal of passion.
The road based H2 isn't aimed at a 15 year old bike that when modified it can go fast in a straight line.

If you've done many miles on late model R1, GSXR1K, S1RR, ZX10R, Fireblade etc etc you'll know that the Busa hasn't been King of the Hill for a long time, its got its party tricks, The drags, dyno's, land speed, but out on the street it's become a very dated design that can't match a modern sports bike and certainly won't match a supercharged one.

The H2 is designed to be a nutter-b#stard of a sports bike.
All reports so far say its hit the mark,
Something a Busa is not going to give it any worries over.

I love my past and current Busa's, hope to get another in the future. I like them for what they are.
My ego doesn't need to believe it can look down on everything else.

Some bikes are better at some things.

The review I watched said the H2 doesn't hold its line like a normal 1000cc due to the extra 30KG...sounds familiar to me.
The test rider also said at the top end on the rev range its no faster than the ZX10r...its all about midrange and compared to ALL IL4 / V4 1000cc the H2 is well ahead but the Panigali 1299 has the H2 beaten on torque after 7500 revs and also looks a zillion times better.
Collectors will buy the H2/R simply for what it is...doubt anyone will ever have one for doing the work commute.
Like almost all modern bikes , I wonder how good it really is without all the electronics...I've more confidence on any Busa along the twisty or flowing roads locally than on any other bike...so much so I'm about to trade in an old RSV Mille for a Gen 1 Busa.

Hearing some great feedback from the guys who have ridden the new R1 too.
Cant wait to see Michael Dunlop go up against the BMW's on one at the TT.

Some great new bikes about.
Nice to see the market on the up and manufactures willing to spend on development
and new models again after a few stagnant years.

The review I watched said the H2 doesn't hold its line like a normal 1000cc due to the extra 30KG...sounds familiar to me.
The test rider also said at the top end on the rev range its no faster than the ZX10r.

Very similar to what J-Mac said after he rode one.
His claim was a pro-racer would still be faster on most tracks on a ZX10R.
Joe Average would be quicker on the H2.

I think the H2 will have a selling point in that even though it certainly has its downsides
and can be beaten in some areas, it offers something different, both in technology and most likely in the actual riding experience.
You don't need to love it or want it to appreciate what it is and what it offers to the market place.

I've ridden several Kawasaki Z750-Turbo's (Gpz 750 Turbo's)
They never ruled the world or cleaned up in racing, but they were a great bike,
a whole heap of fun that was a hoot to be out on, at the time a bigger 1100 with a crude Mr-Turbo kit was quicker but that didn't mean the more refined over the counter bike sold with a warrantee was pointless.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it go's and what you think.

To be fair though that's only half the story.
Everything from its shorter wheelbase, quick shifter,
new KYB forks, etc etc will mean its something special not
just the counting of the Ponys.

If it really turns out to be good, not just all hype (which is possible)
it can only be a good thing to wake up other manufacturers.

Kawasaki have recently registered several other similar model names
for future use so hopefully some of the bikes tech will filter down and
it won't end up like the NR750 for example.
I don't see anything good about over charging ppl for a bike that can't even be class raced anywhere. "shorter wheelbase, quick shifter,
new KYB forks" thats all standard shiit these days. nothn special bout any of that. the only thing special is the price....

It's hard to believe, but much of the world doesn't share America's love of fat tyres, long swingarms and straight lines.
The UK, EU, AU etc all love their sportsbikes, they seem to follow MotoGP, World Superbikes, etc with a great deal of passion.
The road based H2 isn't aimed at a 15 year old bike that when modified it can go fast in a straight line.

If you've done many miles on late model R1, GSXR1K, S1RR, ZX10R, Fireblade etc etc you'll know that the Busa hasn't been King of the Hill for a long time, its got its party tricks, The drags, dyno's, land speed, but out on the street it's become a very dated design that can't match a modern sports bike and certainly won't match a supercharged one.

The H2 is designed to be a nutter-b#stard of a sports bike.
All reports so far say its hit the mark,
Something a Busa is not going to give it any worries over.

I love my past and current Busa's, hope to get another in the future. I like them for what they are.
My ego doesn't need to believe it can look down on everything else.

Some bikes are better at some things.
uve been watching too many shows on discovery channel bro.... most ppl cud giv a rats ass about fat tires and rims unless you plan on going to bike week in south carolina.....:whistle:

yea, I agree. some bikes are better at some things. what exactly is the H2 gonna be better at? its not gonna handle better then an F1 or 1000rr and its certainly not gonna be faster then a Turbo bike makn even decent power on the straights. so its a jack of all trades and master on none? Id rather be on a bike that masters one.

a dated design? and how is it it won't match a supercharged one? were talkn about POWER ADDERS here. this one just happens to come with one from the factory but ur limited with wat u can do with it unlike a bolt on turbo kit.

its a decent design and great bike no doubt but at $25k thats just laughable....:rofl: if it was makn more hp then any other NA bike then at least they cud make that claim but shiit they can't even make that claim and being a bike with forced induction thats quite pathetic!

Back