Great comparo between H2, R1 and Busa

i like the h2 but if the mileage truely sucks that bad i wouldnt buy one. Also if you cant ride in town comfortably whats the point. That being said i think it is a mean machine with tons of potential for mile racing. Our beloved busa we all know everything about already. I think their opinion of the ergs is faulted though. From what i have heard the new brake system is garbage as well. In my opinion the r1 is the best of the bikes tested though i feel it is under powered some. I think suk needs to pull their headsw out of their arses and get the ball rolling on the busa...enough of the decade old tech get with it ....

Yeah, they pretty much reinforced much of the discussion posted here on comparisons between the BUSA and the H2. I don't think mileage is a concern for those who purchase the H2. I'm sure those with turbo or souped up busas don't get much better mileage but I may be wrong.

Nice article but if it was up to me I would go with that Yamaha R1M. The regular edition new R1's have been getting rave reviews so it only makes the R1M all that more appealing IMO

Yeah, they pretty much reinforced much of the discussion posted here on comparisons between the BUSA and the H2. I don't think mileage is a concern for those who purchase the H2. I'm sure those with turbo or souped up busas don't get much better mileage but I may be wrong.
well, as far as gas mileage goes it gets decent gas mileage wen I'm not makn boost but that pretty rare lol. mine drinks gas it seems but so wat if I wanted a crusier id buy a gold wing. still gets better gas mileage then my Dodge Charger lol.

if the H2 is makn 250 hp then I can see why one wud want it but at 204 hp that seems kinda lame for that price tag and there is no provision for a passenger seat.

the R1 snds like a great track bike but at 160 rwhp thats pathetic imo. yamaha always inflates their HP numbers. frank at powerhouse has dynoed many of them and says their the biggest turds on the planet! I don't see this one being any different.

I was impressed by the fact the H2 easily left both bikes far behind in the realm where the Busa is supposed to shine. It's a case of the way the HP is delivered vs peak HP. I wouldn't drop the duckets on one but sure would like to take a few runs.

well, it does have a blower on it so by all means it shud be faster in all areas. its not really a fair comparison. thats like comparing my bike to the H2. my bike wud walk the H2 in every gear at any RPM range but it shud.

thats like comparing a stock vette with a ZR1. of course the one with forced induction is gonna be faster but if u compare the price tag again its not apples to apples. add a Turbo kit to that Gen 2 and ur about the same price as the H2 is but the Gen 2 with even a Stg#1 kit wud walk that H2 at any HP peak level.

the problem with the H2 is its too heavy for the round round track and its too short and doesn't make enough HP for the drag strip. more of a novelty bike imo. I look forward to seeing one on the road and running it.

I might not want to own one, but I'd sure like to take a ride on one....

Well the first thing is they are comparing the latest and greatest against a 10 year old bike essentially. Funny how people don't realize they are reinforcing the legend just by referencing the Busa as the one to beat. I wish they could have ridden mine though. With Ohlins suspension and Brembo breakes and MC all the issues they had with the Busa are gone. Plus when you unrestrict it and up the gearing it might have been a lot more impressive. Now add a turbo and this is a different test all together and the Busa would still be price competitive.

All I have to say is the following, which is prettier?

H2%20and%20Busa.jpg

WTF is up with that exhaust. looks like a bathroom trash can mounted to the pipe. thats the best Kawi cud come up with? thats pathetic!

Does this guy work for Kawasaki ? It sounds like an add for them. Hardly an honest write up in my opinion. If I understand it right the h2 makes about 195hp at the wheel with under 100ft pounds of torque. So my 06 with a 1397 makes the same hp basically. has over 20ft pounds of torque and wieghes almost the same and didnt cost anything close to 22 to 25k. And its 9 years old...???... I truly fail to see any advantage to owning one.

Not having passenger pegs or seat, is a deal killer for me.

For $25,000 the fueling should be spot on, not difficult to ride smoothly at lower speeds.

What are they even thinking comparing a new, supposedly state of the art bike to one that hasn't had a major update since 2008?!?

I would bet that the terrible mileage is a result of having to run it rich to keep it from turning into a mobile aluminum smelter since it doesn't have an intercooler. I predict that some of these get leaned out to make good power on the dyno but will end up melting when ridden in anger.

Even if the Busa and the H2 were the same price, I would take the old Busa every time. As it is I could buy 2 Busas and have money left over to make them mine or buy 1 Busa and turbocharge and intercool it with what ever suspension and brakes that I wanted.

I fail to see the appeal of the H2 at the price point that it is at, maybe if it was $10,000 less... I don't even see it as that much of a technical statement. Now the Honda NR750, that was a technical statement and still is an awesome bike to this day.

My logic is if you take the difference in price and put it into the busa. Considering the busa after market support. You can build a busa that would far exceed the H2. But I do hope that Suzuki takes this as a challenge and brings it to the next Gen busa or something way outside the box. I just hope they don't pull a "honda move" and try to make up for raw horses with power to weight crap or traction control BS. I just hope the realize the Busa and 14 crowd will spend what they ask for if we are talking about stock horse power as a base for how we are going to upgrade. Just my thoughts on the H2!

tell ya what if i hade a blower on my busa the results would be hugely different...would walk from it in every gear and not stop at 187mph.

Has the H2 and the R1 been stacked up against the BMW S1000RR? Wouldn't these three have been a more suitable comparison?

Search 650lb or ib on YouTube has the h2 and races it regularly on the highways. When he first got the ecu reflash the new s1000rr took him. Once he got used to driving it the stock s1000rr stood no chance. H2 unrestricted with a slip on making 240.

Trounced by a Kawasaki.

Looks like I'm going to go back to having a small penis.

Might as well get a pink honda Twinstar and brag about mileage and low insurance...

;)
;)
;)

cheers
ken

Back