h2 hybrid

Lol maybe so. I just can't get over the two bikes running the same time. I like the bike but not the price tag.

hybrid means its built to drag race and nothn else and will hav supporting drag parts to go with it. 8.2 166 is impressive riding. wonder wat the 60 ft is. gotta be really low but he's got that thing stretched WAY out so I wud expect a great 60 ft. mph is weak tho.

So, Kawasaki called Jay Leno to the rescue so that he could explain to us simple folks what H2(R) is all about.

Then, Kawasaki called Rickey Gadson to the rescue, throwing money at it (on top of the sticker price) in order to make it the baddest drag bike, right? Pathetic.

Before you know it, they will get their factory rider to take this 12"-over ugliness to a racetrack and show everyone how it can corner.

To me, this is an amazing example of what a company resorts to when there is no vision/significant improvement.

Ricky is their drag rider. He pushes all the drag stuff. He did the ZX-14 too. Kawasaki is on the drag thing and they are putting out some pretty formidible stuff. Maybe thats the whole point of the H2R. The problem is dragging is about horsepower. Basically after you get a long wheelbase and power shifting the rest is power. With that being said it's just dam tough to beat a blown Busa for speed and cost effectiveness.

So, Kawasaki called Jay Leno to the rescue so that he could explain to us simple folks what H2(R) is all about.

Then, Kawasaki called Rickey Gadson to the rescue, throwing money at it (on top of the sticker price) in order to make it the baddest drag bike, right? Pathetic.

Before you know it, they will get their factory rider to take this 12"-over ugliness to a racetrack and show everyone how it can corner.

To me, this is an amazing example of what a company resorts to when there is no vision/significant improvement.

Yeah. On the other hand they could just change the colors every year........:whistle:

Ricky is their drag rider. He pushes all the drag stuff. He did the ZX-14 too. Kawasaki is on the drag thing and they are putting out some pretty formidible stuff. Maybe thats the whole point of the H2R. The problem is dragging is about horsepower. Basically after you get a long wheelbase and power shifting the rest is power. With that being said it's just dam tough to beat a blown Busa for speed and cost effectiveness.
if they built the H2R to drag race then they need to rethink their marketing. the 14 is where they shud be putting their money if their lookn to drag race. a blower on a 1400 ci motor will be a hell of a lot more competitive.

I also think the styling of the bike is a miss. It looks like a road racer but can't do that very well. They should have done something more along the lines of the Daviel (spelling?) from Ducati. That thing with the fat wheel and 300 ponies would be a blast.

if they built the H2R to drag race then they need to rethink their marketing. the 14 is where they shud be putting their money if their lookn to drag race. a blower on a 1400 ci motor will be a hell of a lot more competitive.

BINGO :laugh:

When they did the interview with Jay he asked the Cow rep why they didn't supercharge the 14R and the dude quickly skirted around the question and changed the subject. It was a legitimate question tho!! The bike is too damn heavy to be a track bike and doesn't have the suspension/equipment 2 compete. If you want to make it a drag bike your gonna have 2 buy ALL the chit that you have 2 buy with another bike....arm, rims, Suspension, etc! So you spend $27 grand on this bike and then have to put another $10k + grand in accessories just to be able 2 make a decent pass!!??

Sorry but I don't call that innovation I call that a gimmick...:whistle: Thats all this bike is, a gimmick or novelty. Cool to look @ and if you got it to blow I'm sure you'll get high 5's @ bike nights but this bike bang 4 the buck is a dud IMO. If Cowasaki would've put that blower on the 14R........GAME OVER Busa! Check Mate! Game-Set-Match! :laugh: That would've essentially put the busa out 2 pasture similarly the way the busa rendered the honda blackbird extinct......

If Cowasaki would've put that blower on the 14R........GAME OVER Busa! Check Mate! Game-Set-Match! :laugh: That would've essentially put the busa out 2 pasture similarly the way the busa rendered the honda blackbird extinct......
im pretty sure that wud put ALL bikes to shame and not just the Busa. yea it just doesn't really make sense. but, lets face it most ppl are not going to the either the roundy round track to drive in circles for hours or the drag strip.

I can only assume their market base is street riders who want a really fast bike right out of the box without having to modify it. otherwise, I really don't know what their market base is directed at then cause its too heavy to compete in GP type racing and the money one wud have to spend as u stated just doesn't make it worth while BUT a lotta ppl have money to burn so go figure.

I think the best part is knowing that forced induction will be the future of motorcycles..... can't wait to run one of these on the street but the chances of me even seeing one are about the chances of me seeing a KTM RC8 on the road. I looked all last year and didn't see one so I doubt ill see one of these for at least a few years to come. but then again, we live in an area with a lotta money so who knows...

GNBRETT I think electric is the future of bikes. Electric motors can provide amazing performance, it's the battery technology holding things back. But everyone in every industry is working feverishly to solve this problem so it will get worked out.

I'm not gonna say Never.....but the appeal of an electric bike doesn't interest me@ the moment. I like the sound of the engine the smell of exhaust the feel of the bike as the RPM's increase. I don't want 2 ride a quiet bike :laugh: For a car or daily driver to work yes I'd be open 2 electric but not my motorcycles. Not interested in riding a superpowered segway

I agree totally 1busa but when they reach the potential of an electric bike they are going to be monsters. They are especially suited to the drag race: Huge torque (100% at 0 rpm!), no shifting, weight less of an issue (batteries), and the short duration of the race (again batteries). There is also the incredible simplicity of the motor and the lack of a transmission (friction losses). Theoretically you could get rid of the clutch too since you don't need to rev the engine to get a god jump off the line.

No doubt Fallen :beerchug: that's why I stated I won't say Never I'm just saying not right now....:laugh: I'm gonna sit back let trial & error along with the technology advance. Maybe in 10 years if gas is $10.00 a gallon I may consider riding green!!

What I'd still like 2 know is what's the purpose of the H2R?? Here you have a hybrid of the H2 and the R along with some drag racing aftermarket parts. So the H2 is for the street the H2R is for.......? I mean you can't drag race it as it sits and I'm sorry for Fifty frickin grand I shouldn't have 2 add a damn thing 2 it but gas to make it competitive. That's clearly not the case with this H2R you can't ride it on the street and when you stack it up against the elite liter bikes out right now (S1000R, R1m, Panigale R) it falls short in the technology department and weighs a chit ton more than any of those bikes. So yeah you have 300HP but does it have electronic adjustable suspension? Ohlins forks & Shock? Lightweight racing rims (Marchesini)? Aluminum Fuel tank? Hell you drop 50 large on a the damn thing and you can't even get a limited warranty with it ??? Some Cow fan tried justifying the price referring 2 the Ducati Superleggerra costing $65k. IMO the 2 bikes aren't even in the same galaxy.....:laugh: Real life tests have been done on that super by actual independent riders with no affiliation 2 Ducati and they all agreed it's a Moto GP bike with turn signals!!! That alone justifies the price tag of that bike. Top Notch everything no expense spared went in2 the bike and oh yeah you can put a license plate on it and theres 2yr warranty....

So again I ask what's the point of the H2R.... am I missing something ???

Back