Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No holding back, that's for sure...

But I am confused. Track version - what track, 1/4 mile or road course? If 1/4 mile, then this thing needs a long wheelbase and long wheelie bar. If for a road course, then all this power is useless except for a short straight, and may create more problems. And how many will be able to afford this bike for track only? BTW, many road course tracks have noise restrictions. Not sure about 1/4 mile tracks.

I am also suspicious that no street version was introduced at the same time. Wait and see attitude? Or, hype it up, and then introduce a street version with 220 hp or so only?

Lots of questions, but very interesting development for sure. Wake up Hayabusa! Sleepy time is OVER!!!

And what's the deal with the wings? Seems they are fixed and are meant to create downward pressure producing loss of power in the process. Unless the wings adjust automatically, any high wheelie will turn into a disaster as the wings will make the bike flip over really quickly. Or a sudden head-on wind may slam a small wheelie to the ground. Maybe wings are for the strip only?

It is cool, not sure what I think of the wings or seat. But as stated what kind of racing? And this model wouldn't count as a stock production bike even in lsr right? Wouldn't they have to run the supposed street version? Anyways, seems like a cool collectors toy.

id say at least $40k. bike makes about 280 to the wheels. a 1000cc bike with a blower will make 280 hp easily as it shud. I wud assume the bottom end was done. I wonder about the tranny tho. but then again 280 hp with a bike that prob weighs 430 lbs is gonna be fast!

They are claiming $30k for the street version and already confirmed $60k for the Race version!

I found this today, 60k for that bad boy!

Untitled.jpg

Wow. That's a lot of dough for either version. Don't see one in my future. Let's hope some of that tech trickles down to us normal folks.

When your driving down the road or in traffic how many ford's & chevy's do you see?? Now how many Lambo's and Ferrarri's do you see on a daily basis??.......... point is people complaining about the price of this bike like it's supposed 2 be a bargain or something that everybody should be able 2 afford???

Truth is this bike ain't 4 everybody or the average joe and that's a good thing :whistle: Not anybody with a 700 credit score should be able 2 just stroll in and buy 1 of these. Yeah they are gonna be expensive and yeah people who can afford em will buy em. It's about the same price as a HD bagger and there are a ton of them on the street and @ bike nights week in and week out. And it's just not old retired guys on them either....... old & young alike

The hype and buzz around this bike has been out of control! You may not even be able 2 sneak a peek @ your local dealership cause the initial sales on them will be in high demand.

When your driving down the road or in traffic how many ford's & chevy's do you see?? Now how many Lambo's and Ferrarri's do you see on a daily basis??.......... point is people complaining about the price of this bike like it's supposed 2 be a bargain or something that everybody should be able 2 afford???

Truth is this bike ain't 4 everybody or the average joe and that's a good thing :whistle: Not anybody with a 700 credit score should be able 2 just stroll in and buy 1 of these. Yeah they are gonna be expensive and yeah people who can afford em will buy em. It's about the same price as a HD bagger and there are a ton of them on the street and @ bike nights week in and week out. And it's just not old retired guys on them either....... old & young alike

The hype and buzz around this bike has been out of control! You may not even be able 2 sneak a peek @ your local dealership cause the initial sales on them will be in high demand.

I don't know what your Harley Dealer charges but I've yet to see a Hardly Bagger go for $60k that's not completely custom?

Of course you are going to have a few people with more money than brains that will just run out and have to have one to add to the collection. But for anyone else looking at it from a cost/performance stand point Kawi completely missed the boat. If it were street legal I could kind of understand considering all the other ultra limited edition bikes running around that cost a bunch...BUT...it's a track only bike!

Until they release the info on the STREET legal version,...I'm not really that impressed so far. I mean there are things I like about it but overall it's just....meh....for me at least.

A 2015 CVO streetglide is $35k before tax n title. Ducati Panigale 1199 Superleggera is $65k. my point was people been complaining because they said the street versión is gonna cost close to $30grand. All I was saying is there are plenty of bikes out there now close to if not more than that and people are still buying them.

I mean how much did you expect to pay for a liter bike with a blower? They say this bike is in direct competition with the Beamers and high end sportbikes that don't have blowers and they go for well over 20grand..... The race version for $60k is another story. it's more for marketing if you ask me. Kinda like car companies like Ford does with the mustang etc. They'll unveil the new Saleen GT fully loaded model that most can't afford then release the GT and lower priced models for the masses.

I agree, they won't have a single problem selling every single one of them and I don't have a problem with the price, but for me it's just not worth it plain and simple.

I could see a street version going for $20-25k just depends what they include in that price. If it's $30k+ the bike will be a failure IMO.

Think about the cost and what's included,...

I agree with you :beerchug:

I'm not spending 30k on a kawasaki...... I can only imagine what the insurance is gonna run you :hide: this bike will be cool to look @ but I know it's not 4me and I'm ok with that. All I'm saying is times are changing and chit is becoming more and more expensive. Would I spend 30k on a bike?? No not @ the moment but that is not a crazy ridiculous absurd amount when you step back and put things in perspective. It's a luxury toy just like a Vette or a viper or a boat etc. It all costs way more than it should but If we can We Will :whistle:

Back