H.I.D. question

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
what are the reputable/affordable brands? does it make sense to get a high & low beam h.i.d setup or should the low beam alone be sufficient?

Xenon King is a board sponsor, lots of folks have gotten their kits from 'em.

yeah most kits nowadays are PNP.........though i still prefer a harness, esp. w/ a car.

the DDMs ballast also is very skinny, have had them on our accord about 1 yr.

You didn't mention what year bike you have. For the Gen I go with high and low. IMHO for the Gen II just keep it stock unless all you do is ride at nights through the woods at high speeds. The Gen II headlamp assembly is much improved.

Also install a TDR or toggle switch with the low beam setup.

Too many issues with installs on Gen IIs, but it's just not needed IMHO

Xenon King is a board sponsor, lots of folks have gotten their kits from 'em.

I got my high and low kit from Xenon king. The price was great and I got the packaged delivered THE NEXT DAY!! I say go with Xenon King and get the high and low kit. You won't be disappointed:beerchug:

i got mine off ebay for $49.99 shipped and it came in 2 days and ive had them about 11 months and they still work fine. the kit also came with a 2 yr warranty from the seller. heres an old pic when i first got the bike and installed them.

myshit.jpg

Last edited:
i'm sourcing for a friend with a gen1....price is an issue....i got a gen2...i'm still thinking bout installing....

I did hi and low 6k so they match. Run brights all day to be seen. I love them at night. Lights up the road well. All my friends are impressed.:thumbsup:

You aren't going to make any friends with a light that should only be placed on a locomotive. I hate those fookin things. We had a guy with HID lights both high and low beam ride with us on Sunday. Was his first ride with us and he won't be invited back until he can at least dim his lights. Twelve riders and everyone was on his arse about his light. Most of the guys in front of him had their mirrors pulled in.

I think the high beam would be fine with HID but for goodness sake, have some mercy on the folks around you and leave the low beam alone so you have an option. :beerchug:

kit from xenon king. bulbs from a member on the org.

i run with my high beam 24/7.

I'm with you on that! Too many people get killed on bikes because they're not seen. I don't care if it bothers other people if my light is too bright...that means that they can see me. I don't want someone to pull out in front of me because they didn't see me. That exact thing happened to my good friend and neighbor and took his life at 23 years old. My high's never come off for that reason alone. If my light blinds them, they know I'm there.

You aren't going to make any friends with a light that should only be placed on a locomotive. I hate those fookin things. We had a guy with HID lights both high and low beam ride with us on Sunday. Was his first ride with us and he won't be invited back until he can at least dim his lights. Twelve riders and everyone was on his arse about his light. Most of the guys in front of him had their mirrors pulled in.

I think the high beam would be fine with HID but for goodness sake, have some mercy on the folks around you and leave the low beam alone so you have an option. :beerchug:

Sounds like he installed them and didn't readjust.

Low beams would be enough. Plus you will still have your "Flash to pass" by retaining the stock high. Not that the flash is needed a lot,but it is there for safety reasons.

Never had anyone complain about my hi/lo, but the riders with me at night all wanted hids after a night ride.:thumbsup:

Back