angel eye kits and high beam usage???

dsbunton646

Registered
anybody have the angel eyes kit on their busa? i have clegg's on my o8. i have heard that using the high beam headlight for more than a few minutes at the time can actually cause the lower ring of the angel eye kit to melt. i don't use my high beam much for that reason. i upgraded to an h.i.d. kit (high and low) and was told the h.i.d bulb would actually run a bit cooler temperature wise, but neither the hid guys, or clegg's could tell me if it would still melt the lower ring. also, i really could never get a straight answer on how long i could run the high beam before the ring gets damaged. anyone have any thoughts/experience/input. i would really like to use the high beam a bit more, but i really don't do a lot of night riding, so i will sacrifice the function for the looks. at least until i absolutely have to break the headlight housing apart again (not fun to put a brand new $300.00 headlight in the oven and bake it).

PB100142 (2).jpg

PB100159.jpg

They look cool but I use my high beam all the time during the day.
Sorry I cant help

I bought these and opted not to install,manufactuer warning in box says they will melt.they are only for show..didnt want to go thru the hassel then have to remove

anybody have the angel eyes kit on their busa? i have clegg's on my o8. i have heard that using the high beam headlight for more than a few minutes at the time can actually cause the lower ring of the angel eye kit to melt. i don't use my high beam much for that reason. i upgraded to an h.i.d. kit (high and low) and was told the h.i.d bulb would actually run a bit cooler temperature wise, but neither the hid guys, or clegg's could tell me if it would still melt the lower ring. also, i really could never get a straight answer on how long i could run the high beam before the ring gets damaged. anyone have any thoughts/experience/input. i would really like to use the high beam a bit more, but i really don't do a lot of night riding, so i will sacrifice the function for the looks. at least until i absolutely have to break the headlight housing apart again (not fun to put a brand new $300.00 headlight in the oven and bake it).

it does look good!
Posted via Mobile Device

They look sweet I think.. :bowdown: So what are they made out of plastic?

Weren't there issues in the past about a member or two that had them and they melted the front fairing?

Back