Guns in the UK.

The only issue with the mad man shooting spree is that if you have a concealed carry, you can not pull your weapon unless the mad man directly aims at you and you have no other option.
I dissagree with this. If I am somewhere, and someone starts pulling the trigger on innocent people, then I think it should be partly my responsibility to control the situation until law enforcement arrive.

I don't know about NC's laws, but here in Okla you ONLY have to be in FEAR OF YOUR LIFE. That means, if a 350 Lb Ape (or anyone else for that matter) attacks you with the purpose to do you Grave Harm, you have the right to BLOW :guns:him away with the STATES BLESSING :please:

The only issue with the mad man shooting spree is that if you have a concealed carry, you can not pull your weapon unless the mad man directly aims at you and you have no other option.
I dissagree with this. If I am somewhere, and someone starts pulling the trigger on innocent people, then I think it should be partly my responsibility to control the situation until law enforcement arrive.

Yeah. It's never prudent to insert yourself into a conflict where you don't know the back story, it's amazingly hard to determine the aggressor from the outside. That said, some dude mowing down people in a mall is blatantly obvious. In most states the law allows you to use deadly force to stop a violent felony. As long as you were carrying legally, it would not be a problem to intervene. I would feel partly responsible in such a situation as well.

Most states afford you the ability to defend someone else if you believe their life is in danger. The madman does not have to threaten you directly. Also I don't believe any prosecutor or state would charge you no matter what the law was if you shot a guy and stopped him mid stream from killing a bunch of folks..

not true..."Direct threat of death of either to you or someone else" is usually how it's written. No DA in the country is gonna press charges on you in that situation.

That's scary Saiid we think too much alike

Back