Gun guys this good peacemaker?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
As some you know my uncle passed on last week.Found this as we are cleaning out his home. 9mm browning made in belgum .Not shure if its automatic think it might be it has wooden handle.He had hollow points in the clip.tell the truth he had 1 in the chamber as well.How much that cost new?

How much should I ASK IF SELL IT? I DONT THINK i WILL I kind like carrying it around.:lookaround::yes:How big of a hole can it make???That a automatic???

25zj7za.jpg

25klesy.jpg

25pp7qd.jpg

2dj85d2.jpg

Last edited:
Is that a Browning Hi-Power? Those are GREAT 9MM. There should be some model # markings on it...

Is that a Browning Hi-Power? Those are GREAT 9MM. There should be some model # markings on it...

It looks like a Browning to me.

But I think there a bunch of South American or Eastern European copies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If it was an authentic Hi-Power wouldn't it say "Browning" on it? And then he wouldn't have come here and asked about it in the first place, right?

And that thumb lever doesn't look like the last Hi-Power I remember holding.

Is there anything stamped into it? Words? Numbers? Logos?

Last edited:
Guns are like Gold...And Gold is an Insurance Policy against Paper money & Bank Failure.
The Gun will be very hard to come by if ever outlawed and could save your life or a family members one day, Guns are for collecting .........You might regret getting rid of it one day for whatever reason, their price will be priceless oneday ..

Guns are like Gold...And Gold is an Insurance Policy against Paper money & Bank Failure.
The Gun will be very hard to come by if ever outlawed and could save your life or a family members one day, Guns are for collecting .........You might regret getting rid of it one day for whatever reason, their price will be priceless oneday ..

Well said, I regret getting rid of quite a few guns I have had...

Sounds like a real Browning.

Maybe it's an older model. Depending on the age it could be of some value.

I remember seeing new models going for $700-$800 a few years ago. Everything has gone up though.

If it's a rarity there's a possibility it could be worth a few thousand. It looks to be in excellent shape. I'd take it to a collector or a knowledgeable gun store owner (one that you trust) and ask about the value.

It's a Browing Hi-Power. From the looks of it though it's newer and given that it was loaded and obviously a used weapon most likely worth between 7-800ish. But I wouldn't get rid of it, it's a family thing, keep it in the family.

If it bears Nazi proof marks it's going to be worth a bit more 1000-1500 or so, but given the lack of patina I'd say it's a newer pistol.

It's NOT automatic, It IS an Automatic but that's the description of all modern "auto" pistols. Auto refers to it's ability to automatically eject and load cartridges. It doesn't mean it's a full auto pistol though. Full auto means pull the trigger once and it keeps firing till you let go, this pistol will fire once every time you pull the trigger you'll have to release the trigger to fire again.

The hollow points are modern, and typical. Hollow point ammo is important as it prevents over penetration and increases stopping power. They aren't magic, just better than an FMJ in an urban/suburban environment.

9mm will make a 9mm sized hole FWIW. There's a lot of folks who go on endlessly about it's lack of stopping power. However modern ammo is very effective and I would have NO concerns about defending myself with a 9mm...

BUT, You have to hit what you're aiming at regardless of the caliber. SO practice practice practice.

It's a fine weapon though. Hold on to it, buy a could more magazines for it and enjoy it.

Don't carry it if you don't have your CCW though as it will get taken away and you'll get in trouble.

OH and if it does bear Nazi Proof Marks? I would just hold onto it, don't clean it or polish it up as that will likely hinder the value. I wouldn't shoot it either. If there's no Nazi marks though, looks like you've got yourself a nice Hi-Power.

Google Browning Hi-Power and you'll find all you need to know. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A Browning Hi-Power is a nice gun, and that one looks well cared for. I've never gotten rid of a gun without regretting it later. If nothing else, get some good firearms instruction and keep it around the house.

Thought it looked like a Hi-Power; I think built under contract by FN (makes FN-FAL and other find weaponry).

Ok, here's the other reason for keeping it. It's OFF THE GRID. NOT registered, which means can't be TRACKED OR CONFISCATED should our Government ever try to collect guns. Don't think I'd carry it, but I'd dang well keep it in the house....

It looks like a Browning to me.

But I think there a bunch of South American or Eastern European copies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If it was an authentic Hi-Power wouldn't it say "Browning" on it? And then he wouldn't have come here and asked about it in the first place, right?

And that thumb lever doesn't look like the last Hi-Power I remember holding.

Is there anything stamped into it? Words? Numbers? Logos?

I agree with you. I think it is a foreign knock off. Doesn't mean it's a bad piece, it just won't bring the money that a Browning would.

Yep, I just gave a snake a 12 guage head yesterday. You never know when you might need it even for something other than the normal version of self defense.

Thanks man I dont see nazi markings

13 round clip I think.
I want 2 blast something.

1241954827013.gif

- Browning Hi-Power 9mm doubles[/url]

Then Congratulations! If you know nothing about pistols I recommend an NRA pistol course, will make a world of difference.

If you're familiar with weapons then find some inexpensive FMJ 9mm and blast away! After A good cleaning and function check of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had this cleaning kit.He was in navy over 20 years so he knew how take care of a weapon.

15q42mg.jpg

2h4vxax.jpg

it has browning made in belgium stamped on it

Last edited:
I agree with you. I think it is a foreign knock off. Doesn't mean it's a bad piece, it just won't bring the money that a Browning would.

If it's made in Belgium, it's probably made by FN and not a knock off, most likely.

Something looks wrong when comparing the magazine well in the first pic, and looking at the double stack magazine further down. No way you can get a double stack in a magazine opening that small (without a really big hammer).

It's a keeper!! Like GixxFix said, guns are like gold. The gun looks pristine, might be a Hi-Power Standard

Per the 26th Edition Blue Book of Gun Values:

MSR $804

Major indentifying factors of the Hi-Power are as follows: The "thumb-print" feature was mfg. from the beginning through 1958. Old style internal extractor was mfg. was mfg. from the beginning through 1962m the "T" SN prefix (T-series start visible extractor) was mfg. from 1963-mid-1970's for all US imports by BAC, 69C through 77C prefixes were mfg. 1969-1977. Rounded type ring hammers with new external extractor were mfg. from 1962-1972 (for all US importsby BAC, much later on FN marked pistols). Spur hammers have been mfg. 1972-present, and the "245" SN prefix has been mfg. 1977 - present. Some
"215" SN prefixes are scarce, these models were intended for military contracts only.
Older specimens in original dark green, maroon or red/black plastic boxes were mfg. 1954-1965 and are very scarce - add $100+ in value. Black pouches (circa 1965-1968, especially with gold metal zipper) will also command a $25-$50 premium, depending on condition.

:thumbsup:

Back