Great new little bike

I had the 2000 CBR600F4...

2924600F4_side1.jpg

Nicew f4i. Strong little bike!!! I had the chance to ride 2 off them before at different times! Still a treat!:thumbsup:

Hey... you cleaned up my bike... Thanks!

I found one of those, but it wasn't in that "perfect" shape, which was fine for me because I felt like I got it for a steal and now i don't have to worry about keeping it clean and worrying about it when I drive it to work everyday...

DSC08147.jpg

I've had two F4Is. Rock solid, competent performers. They can be as surgical a tool as you want them to be.

Here you can get the part numbers...

I think I paid about $50 total and it took about an hour.

DSC07737.jpg

Yeah I just order one from Ron Ayers. Something I can tackle myself? Remove the left fairing, seat, gastank??, and anything else? Do you just pop it back in with new gasket and tighten the bolts down? I really don't wanna take it somewhere. Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I just order one from Ron Ayers. Something I can tackle myself? Remove the left fairing, seat, gastank??, and anything else? Do you just pop it back in with new gasket and tighten the bolts down? I really don't wanna take it somewhere. Thanks

I think there is a link for it somewhere on the CBR board... but it's pretty simple. You will need 1/4" drive, universal, 3" extension, 6" extension, 8mm socket, and lots of patience. Oh, did I mention lots of patience!

You will need to take the seat, tank, and air box off. You can get the top screw from above, and the bottom screw from the rear, with the extensions and universal. The little tab on the end of the new CCTL, DON'T pull it out until you have it installed.

Just wait until you have to replace the FPR!!!!!
Like this...
DSC07730.jpg

I think there is a link for it somewhere on the CBR board... but it's pretty simple. You will need 1/4" drive, universal, 3" extension, 6" extension, 8mm socket, and lots of patience. Oh, did I mention lots of patience!

You will need to take the seat, tank, and air box off. You can get the top screw from above, and the bottom screw from the rear, with the extensions and universal. The little tab on the end of the new CCTL, DON'T pull it out until you have it installed.

Just wait until you have to replace the FPR!!!!!
Like this...
DSC07730.jpg

Thanks, I tore everything down but got so aggravated with trying to get to the stupid little bolts on the CCT that i stopped and put it all back together to take it somewhere....

It's the fuel pressure regulator. It might go, they have a few problems with them, but they are easy to change out. You bike will start to flood middle two throttle bodies when it goes bad (leaks fuel throught to the throttle bodies via vacuum line)...

Back