Gps What kind and how to mount it.

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure many of you have GPS devices. My question is what's the best unit and the safest way to mount it. I have a VIA Michelin and an adjustable mount from TechMounts. I'm not sure I want to use the sticky velcro suplied with the mount, and I'm not sure if the suction cup mount will hold on the wind screen. (Stock screen) What do you all think?

Radio shack sells some kick azz supper velcro...That and your Tec mount and your good.

DCFN0014__Small_.JPG

3M Dual-Lock.

Not hook-and-loop, hook-and-hook! Four square inches holds about 20-30 lbs off the ground. Google will find you a source-

I have TomTom One GPS- about $299 everywhere, works great and I take it from bike to car with me.

Tom3.JPG

gps v and stem stand.. just normal old velcro worked for me.

in the event of a crash mighta lost it... but probably wouldn't have been a priority in those circumstances.. lol

With the car mount I'm not sure velcro strips will work. It may block the slide in the back. I will give it a shot thanks.

If they make a ram mount for it, you can use a 1" ball through the steering stem or on the inside end of the handlebar.  I've had both on mine. Below are the two pictures mounted. The link shows details.

Link 1
2004.JPG

gps3.jpg

Back