GPS Front End Power

LiBusa

Registered
Just exactly where in the front of my 03 Busa do I tap in for power to run GPS. Does anyone have picture(s) to show and maybe explain?

in the nose cone there is a two wire harness with a clip on the end its unused but has power , smithbusa sells prewired harness that taps in with directions for a few buc
beerchug.gif
ks

in the nose cone there is a two wire harness with a clip on the end its unused but has power , smithbusa sells prewired harness that taps in with directions for a few buc
beerchug.gif
ks
The wiring you refer to in the nose fried my relay I installed. I used that wire to 'trigger' a relay to power my electronics. On my 06 it is NOT a switched hot. It pulses, possibly like a Tach wire (thus frying relays).

I used the Low Beam now to trigger a relay that powers a distribution block attached to the left RAM Air. The distribution block (8 post) then powers my Powerlet and GPS. It took about an hour to wire everything once the left side plastic was removed. This included making it clean using heat shrink, loom, etc.

Tyler,
It is really odd that you say it is not a switched hot. That plug is used in the Euro model to power lights. I have mine wire to power my switchback LED. Not saying you're wrong, just the first time that I have heard that.

Don

Back