GPS Power

LiBusa

Registered
Own a 03 Busa with handle (Gen Mar) Bar Riser (1 3/4 inch high). Just mounted Garmin Zumo 550 GPS to front brake master cylinder mount. Looks and works good. Wonder where to get power for GPS. Should I run factory wires all the way back to battery where I already have Battery Tender pig tail connected or should I tap into power somewhere in the handle bar area. Picture(s) to follow.

You'll have to contact smithabusa for a connector to extend it, but there is an open plug behind your instrument panel that provides keyed 12VDC. It's not used on USA bikes.

thumb_up.gif
http://www.boostbysmith.com/pb....er.html
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

You can just tap into the power of the black and brown wires that hang from the passenger side signal area. Smithabusa does make some nice connectors, but not necessary for the hook up.

buy a 12V harness and but the end off then tie it straight to the battery, that is what I use with my Garmin map 60C.

smithabusa hooked me up with a plug to connect the euro light to mine. I made a jumper from there to a SAE connector, then to my zumo. I used the SAE(like a battery tender plug) because I have more than one bike, and use the gps on all of them.

Good guy and an inexpensive mod.

If you want just a euro connector, send me your address and Ill send you one for free, if you would like the whole harness which provides 1 accessory item up front and 2 in the tail section I will do that for $18 shipped to your door.

Greg

You could run the same cigarette lighter plug off the euro connector circuit like i Do that way its key on power and ground.

Back