GPR Stabilizer question??

Rollin20z

Registered
This may be a dumb question and I'm sorry in advance if it is, but I just bought a GPR stabilizer for my gen 1 and by just getting it out and holding it up there something doesn't look right. Is it me or am I missing something but how do the bolts that come with it mount into holes which are already on the top clamp? Seem to be much larger and longer on the clamp....I get the bottom bracket mounting onto front tank bolts but top ones are throwing me off. Anyone??
Thanks

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

There should be bolts that came with the other parts...one by one swap the new bolt with the one in the top clamp....the new bolts have threaded holes that accept the new bracket pattern with the mounting bolts.

Call GPR direct if you get stuck, they are in San Diego: 619-661-0101

This help?

busapassion_ebc.jpg

powers-h-org.jpg

busapassion_ebc.jpg

powers-h-org.jpg

Whatever you have on the bike that say Hayabusa under that bracket needs to come off. Look at the last picture posted by Pashnit.

There should be bolts that came with the other parts...one by one swap the new bolt with the one in the top clamp....the new bolts have threaded holes that accept the new bracket pattern with the mounting bolts.

Ok,
looks like they were left out because there isn't any other bolts except ones shown. can they be picked up anywhere local like a lowes or auto parts store/hardware ?

This part needs to be removed.

Yes, I do know that, I just sat the GPR up on there for the pic.

Now to find them bolts.
Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

What are the benefits of the aftermarket dampers over the stocker? Why buy a new one when the bikes already got one?

Night and day difference... The stock one is not very good, very light weight..... When you put a GPR on your bike you can dial it in while riding with the knob allowing for a stiffer handling. When I ride on the street I run about 10 on the dial, at the track I run about 15 and on the hwy I run about 20.... If you hit a pothole or debris your front end wont wobble out from underneath you... On the track while your in a full lean the bike is lined up and there isnt any wobble or worry about the front end washing out because you hit a bump or hole.....

I was a doubter until I put one on and I honestly don't know how I rode before...

cap

If he's missing bolts or your missing bolts that is why would or should he have to go hunting at a hardware store ?
Shouldn't he be able to call whoever sold it to him and get what was left out ?
Seller should make order right , no ?

I left my factory on when I installed my GPR, why take it off?

I have a Scott's unit on mine and the install sheet clearly stated that the stocker be removed. I actually spoke with the TECH guys at Scott's who also validated this......redundant to have 2 "competing" devices with the stocker negating /neutralizing the purpose of the aftermarket unit.

If he's missing bolts or your missing bolts that is why would or should he have to go hunting at a hardware store ?
Shouldn't he be able to call whoever sold it to him and get what was left out ?
Seller should make order right , no ?

You are correct. And I talked with seller this evening and he totally apoligized and sent refund more than enough and I will order them from GPR in morning. Talked to them this afternoon and they said they have them at a measley $7.50 each :eek: but when you need them there worth it. Besides there not costing me anything.

I'm looking at the stabilizes and really like the way they look and it "sounds" like a good idea ? But I'm having a hard time justifying nearly $500 if the main benefit is looks...

Do you know of any differences between the Scott's and GPR ? I like the look of the GPR V4 and may go that route if the price is right (hint, hint, Pashnit).

Although I'm not a highly aggressive rider I do plan to do some track days this summer, so I'm looking for performance/safety upgrades. Will it be money well spent ???

Back