GPR Stabilizer

ZeePopo

Registered
Got my new GPR V4 stabilizer. Fun but dangerous. Gotta be careful with what setting ya put the damn thing on. I ended up using between a 9 and 12. Looks damn good too. I get free service once a year on the unit. Send it back and they will replace the oil and seals. Better preventative than repair. If ya got one what setting do you have it on?

IMG_20180809_050418_773.jpg

It prevents something from twisting the bars and causing a tank slapper. Two examples are when you hit something in the road or when you have the front end off the ground in a power wheelie and the bike comes down with the front wheel slightly off center. The bike has an OEM steering damper, its located in front of the lower triple clamp inside the fairing. The GP4 is a race version of the steering damper. You can adjust the resistance to turning the bars so it is very stiff (LSR, maybe drag racing) or very little resistance for daily street riding.

Sounds a little overly complicated but these things have a huge impact on how the bike feels. Do you need something like the GP4? Probably not unless you spend a lot of time going very fast. There are other options like the Ohlins damper which attaches to the bike in the same location as the stock unit. The advantage of the GP4 is the ease of adjustment. In any event, if your damper is 8-10 years old a replacement (even an OEM one) is not a bad idea. The steering damper is an important part of the safety equipment on your bike and it's status should be monitored.

Excuse me but what does this do ? :thumbsup:

I bought mine from a group buy last year when I had my Gen 1. Its not something I need but I went ahead and bought it. Wrecked my Gen 1 and put it on my Gen 2.

In short, just as Arch said, it allows for on the fly steering dampening adjustment.

They're really good for no handed, low speed stunting, when the bars want to start flopping to either side.
Crank a little tension on the dampner's wheel, and the bike will track straight.

Probably one of the best add on's I ever bought. Crank it down on the hwy and it was like an arrow, loosen it just a smidge in the wide open sweepers and just some good tension on the tight curves, was awesome.

Got my new GPR V4 stabilizer. Fun but dangerous. Gotta be careful with what setting ya put the damn thing on. I ended up using between a 9 and 12. Looks damn good too. I get free service once a year on the unit. Send it back and they will replace the oil and seals. Better preventative than repair. If ya got one what setting do you have it on?

View attachment 1584208
Did you have to take of your fork stem nut, or no??

View attachment 1584208

did you have to remove your fork stem nut or no?

Steering dampeners sure help. I adjust mine to the speed and style of riding to that day. That center knob sure makes it easy to adjust while riding. How come you need custom triple trees? Different forks?
Hi They are lighter and they have adjustable steering stops, they are a 1 inch + off set longer wheel base more stable at high speed I hope to run 250+ MPH. They are made custom by Unit 5. They are modifying there designed to my specifications.

=

Back