Gotta Move on !!!!!!!!!!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Just got word today that the owners of our house are foreclosing :banghead:

I am SOO PISSED OFF !!!!!!!!!! I really liked this house :down:

I don't understand. The owners of your house are foreclosing?

Sorry to hear, whatever the circumstances are.

That's a crappy deal, but if the man upstairs wants you to move on, then it may be an opportunity in the making.

What kind of time frame are you looking at?

I hate moving, but I'd be glad to come over and throw your stuff around.

Find out what bank is foreclosing, then contact and let them know you are the current renter and that you 'd like to discuss buying it. You're monthly payment may be lower than the rent you've been paying.

Situations and Circumstances does not Allow me to buy this House or I most Certainly Buy it RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!! It's in a Great Neighborhood and Real Quite. I know My Neighbors and .....................I am Still in SHOCK MODE !!!!! Thanks Guys/Gals for letting me Share. PARDINI.........You Gotta a Truck ?

wanna move to Indiana? I got one you can buy OR rent. I'm just sayin... we have a couple twisties and I hear they're thinking of adding a 3rd. one:laugh: There will be a stop sign in the middle of it though.:laugh:

seriously though I do hope all works out for ya bro.

Situations and Circumstances does not Allow me to buy this House or I most Certainly Buy it RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!! It's in a Great Neighborhood and Real Quite. I know My Neighbors and .....................I am Still in SHOCK MODE !!!!! Thanks Guys/Gals for letting me Share. PARDINI.........You Gotta a Truck ?

Yeah, I've got a truck. They can't just put you out renter's have rights. Check into them.

Found this for you Boss

In general a change of ownership will not invalidate a lease; the new owner takes subject to existing tenancies. Many owners don't know this and expect tenants to get out upon purchase but they are mistaken. Unless these people violate a lease term, or if there is not a written lease, fail to pay rent, they cannot be evicted upon a change of ownership.

so if you do have a written agreement then the new owner has the option to buy out your remaining lease in other words pay you the remainder of the lease period the rent in exchange for your leaving or you can stay until the lease is up but you would still need to pay rent either way get your deposit back now

or this

Your tenancy is less than 1 year so new owner, whoever it is, is only required to give you 30 days notice of the termination of your tenancy. If you have not moved or taken their CASH, then they will file an Unlawful Detainer action naming you. On the summons, it will tell you that you have 5 days to answer or they will be able to file a default and get a judgment, request a writ for the sheriff to come move you out. If you answer within the 5 day period, then they have to schedule a court date, generally 3 weeks down the line.

Go to the library and get a copy about Tenants Rights and Eviction by NOLO PRESS. They publish a whole series of self help books. Defend yourself....if its war they want; give it to them....
You have about 45-60 days if you answer the complaint

Back