Gotta love these people....

freedom GIF

our US #BlackNationalAnthem *

I've noted the younger generation are a different breed....

While walking in my neighborhood, I can spot the homes belonging to the younger generation....most of them don't shovel their driveways or collect any recycling or trash in the yard blown by the wind or bring in the flyers dropped at the end of their driveway every Thursday....there's a couple driveways that have 4 or 5 of these flyers that have been run over by the homeowners....

And this neighborhood is considered a high end desirable neighborhood...

I've also noted the younger crowd idle their vehicles for excessive time while they are warming them up in the morning....I'm talking probably
1/2 hr, their fuel consumption must be atrocious....

I can only wonder how their kids will be when they are their age.........

I was just at the grocery store and one of the guys who works there was telling me that on Friday they intercepted a lady who was stealing ladies purses from unattended shopping carts...the lady had a shopping bag and was placing the stolen purses in it and attempted to leave the store when this guy caught her by accident....

A lady reported her purse stolen so he was sent to the front to keep an eye out when the thief stopped by to ask him a question in an attempt to distract him....while he was answering her question he glanced down and saw purses in her shopping bag....she was a lady in her '60s and very nondescript...

He grabbed the shopping bag and she struggled to take it when a couple ladies who had their purses stolen came over to help...they got their purses back and the lady got away before the police arrived...

They caught her later that day in another grocery store across town doing the same thing....

As I was talking to the guy we noticed an unattended purse in a shopping cart while the owner was around the corner looking at items....he immediately went and found the owner and explained what occurred and warned her to be a little more vigilant....she was shocked such a thing would happen so I mentioned it is only going to get worse the more desperate people become...

I was working in the garage last evening when a neighbor stopped in seeing my light was on......he was just saying howdy...

I had my bike uncovered and was giving it a wax and he asked why there was Chinese writing on the fairing......I stopped and looked at him and said it's Japanese as this is a Japanese bike and it means Peregrine Falcon, and it's the Japanese written word for Hayabusa....

He said Oh.....does China make motorcycles, I told him they make a few which are mostly knock-offs of other manufacturers....CF Moto are Chinese made bikes for instance.....

I was working in the garage last evening when a neighbor stopped in seeing my light was on......he was just saying howdy...

I had my bike uncovered and was giving it a wax and he asked why there was Chinese writing on the fairing......I stopped and looked at him and said it's Japanese as this is a Japanese bike and it means Peregrine Falcon, and it's the Japanese written word for Hayabusa....

He said Oh.....does China make motorcycles, I told him they make a few which are mostly knock-offs of other manufacturers....CF Moto are Chinese made bikes for instance.....
There is a new house being built straight across from me. My garage door was open as I was home doing some work. I get a knock on my front door.

Can I please use your water hose, I need to clean off some piece of something (I don't recall what needed to be cleaned). I said sure right around the corner.

Now that water line was before you get to the garage. In other words you would never go past the open garage door.

So I went out to the garage and walked out to him. Just to sort of monitor things. My Busa is parked in the corner behind everything else. My Wing takes up most of what you can see on that side, aside from toolboxes etc.

The 1st thing out of his mouth was, Hey is that a Hayabusa? I knew at that point he had spent some time looking in my garage before knocking on my door.

Yes it's a Hayabusa.

It looks like new, what year is it?

Man that thing is nice, wanna sell it?

Not interested.

I stood over him as he cleaned up his doo dad and he coiled up the house and shut off the water.

I don't trust anyone who zeros in on a bike that is not evidently displayed.

I closed my garage door and took a picture of his vehicle. Which by the way was easily able to put my bike in

I'm very paranoid after having had it nearly stolen once before.

Guy was totally nice on the surface. But knowing he had scoped out my garage and knew what I had and then knocking on my door after, put my radar on alert.

There is a new house being built straight across from me. My garage door was open as I was home doing some work. I get a knock on my front door.

Can I please use your water hose, I need to clean off some piece of something (I don't recall what needed to be cleaned). I said sure right around the corner.

Now that water line was before you get to the garage. In other words you would never go past the open garage door.

So I went out to the garage and walked out to him. Just to sort of monitor things. My Busa is parked in the corner behind everything else. My Wing takes up most of what you can see on that side, aside from toolboxes etc.

The 1st thing out of his mouth was, Hey is that a Hayabusa? I knew at that point he had spent some time looking in my garage before knocking on my door.

Yes it's a Hayabusa.

It looks like new, what year is it?

Man that thing is nice, wanna sell it?

Not interested.

I stood over him as he cleaned up his doo dad and he coiled up the house and shut off the water.

I don't trust anyone who zeros in on a bike that is not evidently displayed.

I closed my garage door and took a picture of his vehicle. Which by the way was easily able to put my bike in

I'm very paranoid after having had it nearly stolen once before.

Guy was totally nice on the surface. But knowing he had scoped out my garage and knew what I had and then knocking on my door after, put my radar on alert.
There have been times when I thought the same thing as I'd read about burglaries being conducted by people in the service industry after scoping out a house while doing their work....

Fortunately nothing like that has ever happened around here but as the economy deteriorates and people get more and more desperate, it could come to fruition....

Neighbor down the street sold his S1KRR M as he said he just wasn't riding it enough and with his new position at work, he'd have even less time to ride it....

He said someone from 5 hrs away came with a very nice covered trailer and picked it up and never batted an eye at the asking price....the guy got an awesome deal, stands, gear, cover, garage mat-all of it....

One less bike around here now.....

I think there are only four other bikes in my subdivision and three of them are Harleys......

1712356396106.jpeg

The Knocks Hospital GIF by feierSun

Back