Got Nitrus and GPS for Da' Train

BT ... I also recommend the stem stand ... I got mine from another member on this site, but of course they sell them at www.stemstand.com
smile.gif

I thought headphones were illegal while driving? Wouldn't it prevent you from hearing a siren from an ambulance or something?
I won't tell if you don't.
wink.gif
Damn! I was hoping to get you fired up again. OK...............................I'll meet you at Starbucks tonight you worthless bastard!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just so you know who yer lookin' for...
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Pretty sweet BT! Congrats on the new toys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I had that Garmin eTrex, I just recently sold in on ebay. Readings are pretty accurate, I was happy with it, it did everything I wanted (like you, speed, max speed, direction). It has some decent features for the price, I was just spoiled by the one in my car, so I sold it to get a mappy one, but didn't come up with the cash yet
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Pretty sweet BT!  Congrats on the new toys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 I had that Garmin eTrex, I just recently sold in on ebay.  Readings are pretty accurate, I was happy with it, it did everything I wanted (like you, speed, max speed, direction).  It has some decent features for the price, I was just spoiled by the one in my car, so I sold it to get a mappy one, but didn't come up with the cash yet
smile.gif
Yeah, I thought it'd be a good "intro to GPS" model. I figure I'll end up with one of the good ones eventually, but for now this will do what I want.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey BT......check out the ear buds by Koss. They sound awesome!!!! I have ridden with them for a few years and absolutely love them!

BT, your gona need a file convter. Itunes stores in aac format I think if you get them straight from apple but dont quote me on that, havent looked for my self. I think when you plug in the Rio your comp will see it as another hard drive, if so just export them in mp3 and away you go.

Ill look on my iTunes tonight and let you know for sure.

Josh

BT, your gona need a file convter. Itunes stores in aac format I think if you get them straight from apple but dont quote me on that, havent looked for my self. I think when you plug in the Rio your comp will see it as another hard drive, if so just export them in mp3 and away you go.

Ill look on my iTunes tonight and let you know for sure.

Josh
Yeah, the 'puter sees the Rio as a drive, but I can't get my purchased songs to show or open in anything but iTunes and RealPlayer (free version that won't "Save As"). Let me know what you figure out if you don't mind. The tunes that came in the Rio suck ass!
drooling3.gif
I need to get some REAL tunes in there.
wink.gif

I see why everyone steals music now. Hell, when you pay for it you can't use it like you want to.
mad.gif
Besides, there's lots of music but no Metallica, etc in iTunes Store.
mad.gif

I think the Rio software will rip tracks from CD's. May just have to rip my collection and get my favorites that way for now...

mad.gif

Hey BT, give this site a looksee dailymp3.com Think you might find some new toys that will getcha what you need
cool.gif

BT, I used the Stem Stand and Garmin Handlebar Mount together to mount my eTrex. All you need to do is drill one hole through the Stem Stand top plate and thats it. Its very solid, in the right place, and its simple to remove the GPS using the Garmin quick release clip. The other advantage is that I can remove the Handlebar Mount and install it on my mountain bike when required.

Link to pics below.

Back