Got Nitrus and GPS for Da' Train

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Got me a Rio Nitrus MP3 player today to use while ridin'. Sometimes ya just need some tunes to roll to, ya know?
wink.gif
Anyway, now I've gotta figure out how to mount it. I'm thinkin' I'll prolly just use industrial grade velcro and attach it to the gas lid. Hopefully the earphone cord will be long enough to reach through my jacket to there.

Here's the player I got. It was the only tiny one I could find locally that went above 256mb.

32188041.jpg

And here's the GPS I went with. The Garmin eTrex Personal Navigator. The main thing I wanted was speed and max speed. I may end up wantin' a different version that stores maps and stuff later on. This will do for now.
wink.gif

32188043.jpg

Now, I need some pics from ya'll. I want to see how you mounted your GPS units. Especially the custom home made mounts. I may end up havin' a local fabricator friend cobble me somethin' up. Just wanted to see what's available ready made. Bring the pics and what you think of the mount you use.
beerchug.gif

Also list up the good pay MP3 sites. I need me some good TUNES now. Gotta try this li'l beeyotch out!
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

New toys! 'Gotta love it! I have yet to successfully ride with tunes playin'. Usually it's because I can't get the headphones to fit right under the helmet.

I thought headphones were illegal while driving? Wouldn't it prevent you from hearing a siren from an ambulance or something?

get a stem stand dude... thats what I keep my garmin V on, as well as the cell phone... and probably have room to stick my little mp3 player on it also.. but I normally just stick it in my inside coat pocket.

New toys!  'Gotta love it!  I have yet to successfully ride with tunes playin'.  Usually it's because I can't get the headphones to fit right under the helmet.
Sony makes some nice high quality ear bud phones that look like they could be made to work well with a lid. I haven't even opened the RIO yet to see what came with it. Maybe I can find somethin' that works.
wink.gif

New toys!  'Gotta love it!  I have yet to successfully ride with tunes playin'.  Usually it's because I can't get the headphones to fit right under the helmet.
Sony makes some nice high quality ear bud phones that look like they could be made to work well with a lid. I haven't even opened the RIO yet to see what came with it. Maybe I can find somethin' that works.
wink.gif
Have tried the Sony earbuds before and can't stand the feel. I may wind up doing a helmet speaker mod or gettin' a Chatterbox.

wink.gif
Have tried the Sony earbuds before and can't stand the feel.  I may wind up doing a helmet speaker mod or gettin' a Chatterbox.
If I can find/figure out somethin' I like I'll pass it on.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif
Have tried the Sony earbuds before and can't stand the feel.  I may wind up doing a helmet speaker mod or gettin' a Chatterbox.
If I can find/figure out somethin' I like I'll pass it on.
wink.gif
That's why your my bro'!
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

I thought headphones were illegal while driving? Wouldn't it prevent you from hearing a siren from an ambulance or something?
I won't tell if you don't.
wink.gif
Damn! I was hoping to get you fired up again. OK...............................I'll meet you at Starbucks tonight you worthless bastard!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I'll be waitin' with a sign that says. "Someone... Anyone, please whip my ass!".
biggrin.gif

Besides, man, if you hear a siren approachin' from behind you're ridin' too damned SLOW anyway! Roll on that beeyotch or get outta the way!!!
devil.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Bs, if you want to pay for your tunes, use iTunes, its worth it, trust me. If you want them for free, use Kazaa.

Back