Got my UFO undertail

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
The undertail that I ordered from Custom Sportbike Concepts (One of our new sponsors) came in today. Thought I'd post a few pics and give CSC some positive feedback. They were EXCELLENT to deal with. Shipped promptly, packaged the tail well, and were a pleasure to deal with over the phone.

At one point there was a mix up in communication (lack of personal info on my part when I requested shipping status and tracking number) and I thought there was a problem. They immediately stepped to the plate and displayed a customer service attitude that is all but unheard of these days. They didn't even continue to handle the faux problem by e-mail. They called me on the telephone and handled it person to person.
super.gif
 Tom @ Veltune  and TheRotorWoman from ebay are the only two other business people I've dealt with in a long time that were as professional as the CSC guys.
wink.gif

Turns out I didn't give them my name when I requested order status and tracking number. They simply got mixed up while responding to multiple emails and checking on multiple orders and gave me the shipping status (not shipped) of another order that was being drop shipped from Extreme Graphics. Once they got me on the phone and I gave them my order info they were able to give me a tracking number and said that my tail shipped as promised. So, the problem we thought we had was non-existant.
wink.gif

The thing I want to stress here is how they handled it when we thought we had a problem. The guys at CSC didn't make excuses, lie, or play me for time. They simply went to work resolving the problem and making sure I was a happy customer. That's how it should be. Mistakes and problems can happen with anybody. It's how the problems are handled that mark the difference between the good folks and the bad folks (Silvio, you readin' this?
rock.gif
).

I've gotta say that based on this experience with CSC I will most definitely be doin' business with 'em again. Thanks to all the guys at CSC for takin' care of bidness the right way!
beerchug.gif

Now that the props are out, let's get to the pics...
wink.gif

30838264.jpg

30838265.jpg

30838266.jpg

30838267.jpg

30838269.jpg

wink.gif

wink.gif

BT, go to sleep 'bro! Don't let the undertail excitement keep you awake too long! Good to hear you got the undertail and it looks sweet! Is there a separate kit for the taillights or is it integrated since there are only 4 wires showing?

BT, go to sleep 'bro!  Don't let the undertail excitement keep you awake too long!  Good to hear you got the undertail and it looks sweet!  Is there a separate kit for the taillights or is it integrated since there are only 4 wires showing?
Called in sick and layed around the house all day. I'm just not sleepy, man.
wink.gif

As for the lights, the brake/tail light bulbs from the stock housing fit into the undertail just like they fit into the stock light housing. No wiring to cut and splice. It also came with two red LED 1157 type brake/tail lamp bulbs as part of the kit. Plug those into the stock sockets, plug the sockets into the tail and yer done.
wink.gif
I'm not sure how the turn signals are wired in stock form. May have to cut and splice those. Don't know yet. I'm gonna get with the CSC guys tomorrow and find out more on the turn signal wiring. I'll let you know.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Look nice BT, but I thought your bike was silver/gray?
smile.gif
Is that the only color it comes in or do they match it to your bike color?
rock.gif

BT, go to sleep 'bro!  Don't let the undertail excitement keep you awake too long!  Good to hear you got the undertail and it looks sweet!  Is there a separate kit for the taillights or is it integrated since there are only 4 wires showing?
Called in sick and layed around the house all day. I'm just not sleepy, man.
wink.gif

As for the lights, the brake/tail light bulbs from the stock housing fit into the undertail just like they fit into the stock light housing. No wiring to cut and splice. It also came with two red LED 1157 type brake/tail lamp bulbs as part of the kit. Plug those into the stock sockets, plug the sockets into the tail and yer done.
wink.gif
I'm not sure how the turn signals are wired in stock form. May have to cut and splice those. Don't know yet. I'm gonna get with the CSC guys tomorrow and find out more on the turn signal wiring. I'll let you know.
wink.gif
I'll be anxious to know.  I think I truly may have to get one of those.  And since I've already sculpted the back for the TG tail should be a simple remove and install job. Hope you aren't actually under the weather, 'bro!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088765591 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

BT you have to cut and splice the wires for the turn signals 1 of the things thats boggling me and i know it will do the same to you is that the turn signals flash faster than regular
rock.gif
almost a solid turn signal beam how the freak can this be resolved

BT you have to cut and splice the wires for the turn signals 1 of the things thats boggling me and i know it will do the same to you is that the turn signals flash faster than regular
rock.gif
There's an old post around on that somewhere, it needs a resistor I think.

Good looking undertail.

BT,
great piece, I checked there site out and didn't see it in there catalog just the top gun. Few questions, price?, can you get it with a color match, where's the plate going to go?
thx for your mod post,
mik

THAT IS GOING TO LOOK SCHWEEEEEET ON MY PINK BIKE!!!

Thanks for ordering it for the "help Va find her inner motorcycle chick" cause...

It does look nice...reminds me of a bugs eyes though...
tounge.gif

I'll be anxious to know.  I think I truly may have to get one of those.  And since I've already sculpted the back for the TG tail should be a simple remove and install job.  Hope you aren't actually under the weather, 'bro!
Yeah, it should be a simple deal for you other than havin' to cut 'n' splice the factory brake/tail lamp bulb sockets back on won't ya? And yes, I was a little under the weather but I'm all better today.
beerchug.gif

Look nice BT, but I thought your bike was silver/gray?
smile.gif
 Is that the only color it comes in or do they match it to your bike color?  
rock.gif
It's silver grey right now, but it won't be for much longer. As soon as I get all my painter pieces prepped the tail will be painted to match the new paint.
wink.gif

The UFO is available in all busa factory colors and in primer. I would have bought a primered one but with CSC's board member discount (10% on in stock items) it was practically the same price to buy a color they had in stock as it would have been to have 'em order a primered one (no discount on special order items). So, I jumped on the last black one they had in stock.
wink.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif
Thanks for the info.
beerchug.gif
As diesel said, sounds like a resistor of some type is needed to slow the turn signals back down. I'm sure the guys at CSC can provide info on this for us.
wink.gif

rock.gif
There's an old post around on that somewhere, it needs a resistor I think.

Good looking undertail.
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
I believe you're right on the resistor. Just gotta find out specifics.
wink.gif

BT,
great piece, I checked there site out and didn't see it in there catalog just the top gun. Few questions, price?, can you get it with a color match, where's the plate going to go?
thx for your mod post,
mik
The UFO isn't listed on their website yet. Price is about the same as for a Top Gun. You can get 'em in any stock busa color. It comes with the same carbon fiber tag mounting bracket that comes with a standard Top Gun undertail. It's basically a Top Gun with a lense set-up. Made by the same people (Extreme Graphics).
wink.gif

THAT IS GOING TO LOOK SCHWEEEEEET ON MY PINK BIKE!!!

Thanks for ordering it for the "help Va find her inner motorcycle chick" cause...

It does look nice...reminds me of a bugs eyes though...
tounge.gif
Yeah, by the time I candy the lenses pink it should fit right into your new paint job.
laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif

I just noticed your new title!  
tounge.gif
 You're killing me this week BT...stop!  You're going to make me tinkle...
ices_rofl.gif

ices_rofl.gif

Back