Got my ride on...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Is there any hobby better than hittin' the road with high 60's to low 70's temperatures, sunny skies and a busa that will loft the front on command? I think NOT!

Took it out 'n played with it again today. No, not that... the BUSA! ;) Had 'er all shined up and just couldn't resist takin' her out and sharing her with the world. It isn't fair for me to keep something this beautiful all to myself.

I still can't believe how easily she will loft the front end now. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm a big dude (read "fat ass") and never really had a wheelie problem on the busa since day one. I could do whatever I wanted to with the throttle. She would pin me back against the hump and rocket off but except for a few super low power wheelies where the front skimmed along just off the ground she stayed planted. Not so anymore. The devil's wheelie on my last good ride wasn't a fluke. ;)

Today's ride was pretty tame for the most part. I just fired 'er up and rolled out without a destination. God, that's nice to do every once in a while isn't it!? I just hit the road to see where I ended up. Lots and lots of sweepers and easy corners along the way. Nothing requiring any real thought or effort, just me and my girl dancing to the tune of that schweet ass Hindle.

Mile after mile of smooth, clean roads with little to no traffic. Fresh, comfortable air rushing by. People working in the yards, out walking, washing cars, just doing the things folks do on a day this pretty. Me? I'm hangin' onto my baby with any cares I had before the ride just shedding away like the leaves from the trees along the way. Nothing clears my mind and recharges my batteries like a good ride on the busa. Nothing...

Ended up at one of my old street racin' scenes. It's about a half mile straight with a long sweeper at the other end and guard rails and woods on both sides of the road. I couldn't resist. I didn't do a launch, just a hard roll on in 1st gear. I mean a HAAAARD roll on. Have you seen the turbo busa video where the front keeps tryin' to climb and the rider has to feather the throttle to keep it from just standing straight up? That's the kind of roll on I'm talkin' about. In fact, that video replayed in my head as I rolled on and feathered in an attempt to keep her horizontal. The only thing missing was the little turbo whistle on the shifts. :D I got up to, well, FAST and took the sweeper hard.

After the sweeper rolled by I backed off and let her coast back down to cruising altitude. The second half of the ride was just as uneventful and relaxing as the first. More fresh air and nice scenery. I did have a dog make a futile attempt to catch me about a mile from home. Hehehehehe... As is recommended, I slowed WAY down and as I approached him I blasted off to throw his timing off. When the Hindle sounded off he got this oh poop look and changed directions. Scared the hell out of that dog! Hehehehehehehehehe... :laugh:

My hour or so of riding made today the BEST day I've had this week. My head is clear, my thoughts are all positive and my whole outlook on life is strangely improved. It is absolutely invigorating to be involved in sport bike riding. I can't imagine another hobby that could be this damned FUN.

Have I told you people lately that I LOVE YOU? :D

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: "'cause there's no way to type this much and not have to edit"|1068680665 -->

Sounds great, BT. I'm hoping to be able to do that next week. I should having things right again on the bike and the weather is supposed to be in low 60s with no rain. Hope it is half as good as the ride you had sounds!:D

Sounds great, BT.  I'm hoping to be able to do that next week.  I should having things right again on the bike and the weather is supposed to be in low 60s with no rain.  Hope it is half as good as the ride you had sounds!:D
It was great, BigBS. I really needed it, too. Things at work haven't exactly been smooth lately and I've really been stressed. Right this minute I couldn't be more relaxed and in tune. I really need to make a LOT more time to ride. It would be very therapeutic! :D

Live to ride, ride to live...

Now there is a HOG quote if I ever saw one! ;)

(Hayabusa Owners Group)

I gots to admit ya know how to put the right words together BT.

pirate.gif

Sounds great, BT.  I'm hoping to be able to do that next week.  I should having things right again on the bike and the weather is supposed to be in low 60s with no rain.  Hope it is half as good as the ride you had sounds!:D
It was great, BigBS. I really needed it, too. Things at work haven't exactly been smooth lately and I've really been stressed. Right this minute I couldn't be more relaxed and in tune. I really need to make a LOT more time to ride. It would be very therapeutic! :D

I'm right with you! School has been quite hectic in the past couple of weeks and the weather hasn't cooperated either. The weather should be okay early next week and I will be ready. I feel like an addict needing a fix right about now!

What I always notice the most bro, is that all my aches and pains are gone after every ride. I mean my left shoulder hurts constantly and my back is a steady source of irritation...Then we can talk about all the mental pain... :eek: But after just a few minutes on my adrenalizer I am all better for about half a day... perfect, free, pain relief...

Only thing I have noticed is that you shouldn't have a dose just before bed... cause sleep isn't happening for awhile. Glad you got some more seat time Bro...

Rev

I'm right with you!  School has been quite hectic in the past couple of weeks and the weather hasn't cooperated either.  The weather should be okay early next week and I will be ready.  I feel like an addict needing a fix right about now!
Yeah, I think "addict" is a very accurate term for explaining sport riding. I had fun on my previous bikes but riding dirt and riding mild street/dirt combos on the road just doesn't compare. Before getting the busa (my first sport bike) I would have thought you guys were full of crap if I read a post like this. A person absolutely has to experience sport riding for themselves to understand.

I think all cops should have to ride a sport bike for about 6 months as part of their training. At the least sport riding should be a part of the Cultural Diversity Training that officers get these days to help them understand and deal with people from other countries and cultural backgrounds and their "ways". Sport riding is definitely quite a culture. :D

I hope you get that good riding weather and enjoy your ride even more than I did mine, bro. :beerchug:

What I always notice the most bro, is that all my aches and pains are gone after every ride.  I mean my left shoulder hurts constantly and my back is a steady source of irritation...Then we can talk about all the mental pain... :eek:   But after just a few minutes on my adrenalizer I am all better for about half a day...  perfect, free, pain relief...

Only thing I have noticed is that you shouldn't have a dose just before bed...  cause sleep isn't happening for awhile.  Glad you got some more seat time Bro...

Rev
It's funny that you mention that. Everyone I know asks me the same question when they find out I ride a "crotch rocket". Without fail, one of the first questions is something like this... " Doesn't your back kill you riding all slumped over like that?"

To be honest, when I first got the busa and tried to ride it like I rode all my past bikes I was a little sore after my rides. As I rode more and read more here about riding positions and learned how to ride a sport bike I started sorting out my riding position and getting more and more comfortable. Now that I ride the busa like a sport bike instead of like a dirt bike or cruiser I'm with you in that after I ride the busa I feel renewed somehow. Before I got the busa I was in fact a little worried that I might not even like sport riding. Boy was that unfounded! :laugh:

Time to clear your head and just have fun...it's the best therapy in the world...I need it RIGHT NOW myself, but the weather's not been cooperating, and work keeps getting in my way!

BT...you know that "I LOVE YOU" comment might come back to haunt you one day! :D

Glad you got to ride...how many miles on her now?

BT-your stories are always enjoyable and well written. You know it's good writing when you feel as if you were actually there.

Keep up the excellent posts. :beerchug:

How many miles do you have on that thing anyway? Good question VaBusa.

Jim

Time to clear your head and just have fun...it's the best therapy in the world...I need it RIGHT NOW myself, but the weather's not been cooperating, and work keeps getting in my way!

BT...you know that "I LOVE YOU" comment might come back to haunt you one day!  :D

Yeah I know some sap will use the "I love you" against me at some point. Oh well. ;)

I have just over 700 miles now. Not sure exactly how many over. Not near enough therapy! :D

BT-your stories are always enjoyable and well written.  You know it's good writing when you feel as if you were actually there.

Keep up the excellent posts. :beerchug:

How many miles do you have on that thing anyway?  Good question VaBusa.

Jim
Thanks stkr. :D As I told Vabusa above, I have something over 700 miles now. Not NEARLY enough!

I think we were posting at about the same time. I should've been more patient.

You should do more riding, and less polishing. There will be plenty of time for polishing over the winter.

j/k - I'm just jealous. :D

I think we were posting at about the same time.  I should've been more patient.

You should do more riding, and less polishing.  There will be plenty of time for polishing over the winter.

j/k - I'm just jealous.   :D
Actually I get loads of enjoyment out of detailing my toys as well. Not quite as fun as riding mind you but relaxing in it's own way. Hell, I could prolly just stare at the busa sittin' in the garage and melt away a lot of my stress. Never had a toy like this before! :super:

BT...you know that "I LOVE YOU" comment might come back to haunt you one day!  :D

Weather schmeather... its just air & water... get out & RIDE!!!

:cool: :tounge:
pirate.gif

Back