Got my ride on

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Absolutely beautiful day in Cocoa Beach today – almost 80 degrees out & despite the fact that the beach is pretty crowded the Busa is calling me from the garage.  Check the tires, chain, air and gas her up & throw on all the gear and we are off.  I try and take it easy until I get out of town…  It’s funny how the cruiser bikers don’t wave to you in town but the second you pass another bike out in the open country on a Saturday afternoon everyone waves to each other.  Finally I reach the cool road about 20 miles from where I live I open it up.  Second gear wheelie, back down to earth – rip through the rest of the gears – check for 7th gear and look down to see we are already out of speedometer.   Slow down a little bit for the first long sweeper – pass two sport bikes going in the other direction, take a peak in the side mirror and realize I’m already to late to see them.  I stay on it for about the next 20 minutes and the road has been completely eaten up, time to take the regular roads home.   Watch the gas gauge going down faster than anything I’ve ever seen.   Highway, passing cars, passing trucks, I'm coming up fast on yellow convertible…  It starts to pull away from me – but I just laugh and down shift one.  Give the peace sign as I pass the hottie driving the yellow c5.    Slow down for traffic, young kid sticks this hands out the window and gives me the do-a-wheelie motion.  Break, down shift, down shift, loft wheel (baby wheelie) – pass kid and wave.  Cruising over the causeway, almost home, radar detector goes off – break, downshift, check speed – 85, break, break, see cop – check speed 65 – engine break – smile, wave.  Pull into gas station by my house - that was a quick tank of gas, best 6 bucks I spent all week.  Spend the next 1 ½ hours cleaning the bugs off the helmet and bike small price to pay…..
biggrin.gif

awwwwwww "let her eat' you really know how to hurt a guy, i read this looked out window at all the snow and then at 'busa " in garage.... gawd you don't know how good you got it....

Damn, letereat, you really know how to hurt a guy! I just finished polishing my rims and put my wheels back on today and rode for about an hour, and I froze my azz off, but after 6 weeks it still put a smile on my face.

Coming after you soon. You better be looking for that 7th gear again
biggrin.gif

<span style='color:blue'>You are one lucky Busa owner.  I've still got 2 or 3 weeks before riding season starts.  Tell us more what its like!!</span>

Good job. L-e-E. I only made the effort to join two other busa riders for cold ones on Ft. Pierce beach, A1A, and to run out to rent a movie. I hope to loop Lake Okeechobee today (Sunday).

I really need to go get a new set of tires and ride my bike some.
sad.gif
Glad you had a chance to ride.
brave.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077428003 -->

Let 'er eat,
That was a wonderful bedtime story! Yawn, I will have good dreams now until the sunshine man comes. Goodnight.

Back