Got my Hayabusa Appraised this week............

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
Finally decided to get my 2002 Hayabusa Appraised this week. I had been putting if off for several months. Not knowing what to expect, I went into it knowing very little. I have just over 11K into mods on the bike & I paid $6,500 for it 5 years ago! The appraiser put a value of $25,000 on the bike. I was freaking shocked!:poke:
What do you guys think? I could build a hell of a new bike for $25,000! :laugh:
I had it appraised to help secure financing & update my insurance in case the worst happens. :please:

P1060520.jpg

excellent investment:beerchug: it helped humanngiously* after I laid mine down at the bash.. I am getting my second one done as we speak. Insurance companies can't argue with that. Good going guy.
150 bux is what I pay per appr

That's what I figured, better safe then sorry. I still may have to fight them but atleast I have a professionals opinion, hope that counts.

`never understand why anyone on a busa forum uses kawi anything in there screen name:rulez::laugh: than you put her on a kawi matt:moon:
blasfamy....
good looking ride...youd prob never get 25 k out of it if you sold her, but it was def a good idea to make sure she is insured for full replacement value...:beerchug:

after I finish this gixxer tail mod with paint, I'll look into this to get ins update. wow Vabusa, $25K? did you have the fur from the springbash on her?
Posted via Mobile Device

`never understand why anyone on a busa forum uses kawi anything in there screen name:rulez::laugh: than you put her on a kawi matt:moon:
blasfamy....
good looking ride...youd prob never get 25 k out of it if you sold her, but it was def a good idea to make sure she is insured for full replacement value...:beerchug:

Oh yeah I know that, I don't think I could even sell it for 12 these days!

after I finish this gixxer tail mod with paint, I'll look into this to get ins update. wow Vabusa, $25K? did you have the fur from the springbash on her?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha! 25 K, that's what I said! But you gotta remember every appraiser is different, the next guy could come and and say it's worth 18k. Who knows, but I only needed one appraisal, so I guess I picked the right guy!

:thumbsup:

So how long does your insurance company consider an appraisal to be accurate or "good". I can see something happening to the bike and them being like well that appraisal is 372 days old and your bike is only worth 12K now. Well hopefully nothing happens but just wondering how long the insurance company considers that appraisal valid. **** I'm going to get mine done now

So how long does your insurance company consider an appraisal to be accurate or "good". I can see something happening to the bike and them being like well that appraisal is 372 days old and your bike is only worth 12K now. Well hopefully nothing happens but just wondering how long the insurance company considers that appraisal valid. **** I'm going to get mine done now

That's a good point, I haven't talked to them yet, I will let you know what they have to say about it. :please:

It's my understanding that insurance companies are only going to payoff on book value, so to get it insured for more (a specfic dollar amount) you would be needing a special policy with a higher premium. Not saying it's not worth it, just want to understand the whole thing.
BTW Awesom bike.....always thought the 02 blue/blk was one of best looking bikes.

Google translate

I enjoy you doing in Denmark cost a Hayabusa K8 $ 43,859
And 9 months of insurance about $ 16,000 if you are under 25 years
There are many good bikes, but why should we pay for 3 when we only get 1
:moon:

Better to finish the mods before you take her in.

Hey Marcus, you pay to ship I'll sell you mine for $15K.
How many months a year can you ride in Denmark?

GREAT looking bike.

there is one just like it for sale near me (an '04 blk/prple with similar mods) for $9,000::11

maybe I should let him in on your 25k secret:rulez:

Back