Dealing with getting a bike appraised?

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
Guys, have any one of you ever had a motorcycle appraised? I am interested in doing this for reasons of theft, so I was thinking of getting the bike appraised in case something happened. KBB on the bike is $7,000. Since putting the turbo system on, I figured I better have this in case the worst were to happen. I have around 12 grand into the bike, plus the $6,200 I paid for it. Let me know what you think!
wowold.gif

Dealing with getting a bike appraised?
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

I have State Farm insurance and I am pretty sure they offer a add on type of insurance for optional equipment. I have not done it personally yet, but I will need to be checking also.

Hey Kawi; post back if you get anywhere with this I'v ben afraid to ask my insurance guy for an extra 10-12 grand of coverage because the bike has a turbocharger on it now I know some insurance people are geeks but what if one of them is smart enough to know what a turbo is? whats it going to do to your ins rates?

my insurance agent knows my bike is turbocharge, the only thing they ask is that i keep my receipts..the only catch to it is they don't give you the full cost of the parts but a portion, base on how long you had it installed on the bike...my brother-in-law's bike was stolen, an 01 busa with 1397 kit he had receipts for over ten grand in after market parts, they cut him two checks one for the bike and one for the parts...about three quater the cost of the parts....

Hey Kawi; post back if you get anywhere with this I'v ben afraid to ask my insurance guy for an extra 10-12 grand of coverage because the bike has a turbocharger on it now I know some insurance people are geeks but what if one of them is smart enough to know what a turbo is? whats it going to do to your ins rates?
Dave, I will do that. I think I am going to get it appraised anyways. My insurance agent says all I have to do is keep my receipts & have proof the bike is what I say it is, plus pictures. I mean I know I don't have receipts for everything, I might have some. I have been asking them for the past couple months, I have Allstate, cause I am moving to Phoenix in two months & I feel the bike has a better chance of getting stolen there then in Omaha. The appraisal is $100.00. My credit union, & insurance company both tell me that having a appraisal, with receipts, & pictures if your best bet, so I think I will do it all!
winkold.gif

my insurance agent knows my bike is turbocharge, the only thing they ask is that i keep my receipts..the only catch to it is they don't give you the full cost of the parts but a portion, base on how long you had it installed on the bike...my brother-in-law's bike was stolen, an 01 busa with 1397 kit he had receipts for over ten grand in after market parts, they cut him two checks one for the bike and one for the parts...about three quater the cost of the parts....
ok, well that's good to know. I think I will do everything I can to protect me investment!

Thanks!
cool.gif

i also have state farm. my 02le had marchesini wheels braking wave rotors ceramic bearings..titanium yosh exhaust and all the other little odds and ends and my agent said bring a copy of recipts and i had insurance for the bike and all the extras. thanks state farm for being my good neighbor...
guns.gif

i also have state farm. my 02le had marchesini wheels braking wave rotors ceramic bearings..titanium yosh exhaust and all the other little odds and ends and my agent said bring a copy of recipts and i had insurance for the bike and all the extras. thanks state farm for being my good neighbor...
guns.gif
I'm in good hands! I hope my bike is if it's stolen!
boxing.gif

STATE FARM IS BY FAR THE BEST WHEN DEALING WITH THIS!!KEEP ALL RECEIPTS AND YOU'LL BE FINE, MY INSURANCE AGENT TOOK ALL RECEIPTS AND MADE COPIES. I HAD ONE STOLE 2001  AND THEY REINBURSED ME THE BOOK VALUE OF THE BIKE, BUT I RECEIVED EVERY DIME FOR THE PARTS. SO IT WASN'T TO BAD.
ThumbsUp.gif
YOU CAN MAKE YOUR BIKE WORTH ANY AMOUNT AT STATE FARM , BUT YOU WILL DEFINATELY PAY FOR IT!!!

Thanks, it's all about finding the right insurance agent. I think I pay a total of $450.00 a year for full coverage on my 02 Busa.

beerchug.gif

No argument state farm is one of the best when dealing with bikes still don't know about trying to get more coverage because of the turbo?

Back