got my corbin, along with a few other goodies!!

hemi

Registered
received my barely used corbin front seat today, and also installed new ngk iridium plugs and swapped the bmc street filter in for the race version i had. Seat looks and feels great, i know a lot of people complain about it being too firm, but honestly it doesn't feel to firm to me just sitting on the bike. Had a suzuki gel on my 04 750 gsxr that was a rock, but i loved it. I think this will be the perfect seat for me, then will just have to decide what to do with my new image seats. Only downside is, when i purchased my wife's rear corbin w/backrest i got the natural black leather to match up with my new image seat as closely as possible. Now with the front corbin seat being the carbon fiber look leather, i would like to have the rear match. Spoke with corbin and it's about the price of the entire seat to re-upholster. They sell the fabric individually and i could have my local motorcycle upholster shop (bikes2nv) re-upholster it, but could they get it perfect with the leather flap in the back where the backrest post slides into? The perfect solution would be if a member on here has the carbon fiber leather rear seat that would be willing to trade me for my natural leather seat. Anyways, here are the pics, let me know what u guys think the seats look like together

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

here is a crappy pic of the plugs, looks like they needed changing i guess, about 8300 miles on them

007.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

if i did decide to sell the rear seat and buy new to match, i would just be selling the seat and keeping the backrest

Your front seat will take quite a while to completely break in. If you think it's good now, just wait. It's going to fit your shape perfectly. I've been using them for years and they are excellent.
Should you buy a new rear seat you can request that the seat foam be cut thinner. That way your wife won't be sitting quite as high and thus won't be leaned over as far. Most chicks are a little more comfortable this way. But obviously only you two know what's best, just something to think about.

true, i always thought that rear seat looked abnormally thick on the foam/padding, wonder why they make it so thick? She's pretty short at 5'3" and me at 6'1", so the extra padding really doesn't raise her up too much when she's leaned over on me. Though i think we've only taken about 2 decent rides with the rear seat, she rarely rides with me and the hump is always on

Took mine about 1K miles before it started to get comfortable. Now I can ride for hours on end and not have to worry about my rear being uncomfortable.

wasn't my rear getting uncomfortable, it was my hamstrings/legs-i think due to being lower in the saddle with my new image seats and my legs cramped up quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, my new image seats are very comfortable, but after a few hours i am shifting every few seconds in the seat bc my legs are cramping up, hopefully the corbin will help. After 100+ mile ride i was getting extremely uncomfortable

wasn't my rear getting uncomfortable, it was my hamstrings/legs-i think due to being lower in the saddle with my new image seats and my legs cramped up quite a bit. Don't get me wrong, my new image seats are very comfortable, but after a few hours i am shifting every few seconds in the seat bc my legs are cramping up, hopefully the corbin will help. After 100+ mile ride i was getting extremely uncomfortable

The Corbin will help, not being able to slide back in the New Image is what's cramping you up. Once it breaks in, you'll definately know it, and you will like it even more.

Could not see your rear sets from the pictures, but I also purchased a set of vario pegs from TwistedThrottle.com and they are great. Similar to the Buell peg mod, but I think they look better and have the ability to rotate to different settings.

I hope your Corbin treats you good. I have one on the shelf cause it gave me bad leg cramps in the hamstring. So my wife rides a Corbin w/backrest and I ride a stocker.

If your wife only rides a few times and the hump is on 99% save your $$$ and keep the rear seat.

If the color change/material bugs you, make the change. JMO

after staring at it for hours:laugh:, the two seats don't look bad at all together. Only real difference is the front seat is textured "carbon" look, of course. Will just leave it alone. Took it for about a 50 mile ride today and froze my azz off (35deg out), but the seat felt pretty good. Definitely gonna take some getting used to coming from my new image seat, i do miss the lower back pad though, that was always one thing i loved the feel about the new image. Now if the weather would just break i could get some good seat time in

Back